”Anna’s missing, Anna’s sick, Anna’s gone off her meds.” Daisy Hubbard has heard those words about her sister many times, but this time, it seems, there might be cause for concern. Summoned by an alarmed detective from the LAPD, Daisy, a scientist, takes a leave from the prestigious Boston lab where she’s studying a deadly neurological disease and flies to Los Angeles. Tracking a schizophrenic, it turns out, is no easy task, especially when Daisy and the detective, Jack Makowski, realize that Anna’s disappearance may be the work of a serial killer — and that Daisy’s own medical research may be involved. What begins like a boilerplate thriller in Alice Blanchard’s Life Sentences soon takes dozens of swift twists before a completely unexpected and satisfying resolution.
Life Sentences ''Anna's missing, Anna's sick, Anna's gone off her meds.'' Daisy Hubbard has heard those words about her sister many times, but this time, it seems,...Life SentencesMystery and Thriller, FictionAlice Blanchard ''Anna's missing, Anna's sick, Anna's gone off her meds.'' Daisy Hubbard has heard those words about her sister many times, but this time, it seems,...2005-08-17Warner Books
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Fiction; Author: Alice Blanchard; Publisher: Warner Books
Posted August 17 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!