Yep, the screen’s first Batman wasn’t Michael Keaton or Adam West but Lewis Wilson. He starred in the 15-part The Batman adventure serial in 1943, to be released in its entirety on disc on Oct. 18. That’s Bat-Day in DVD Land, which will also mark the releases of two-disc special editions of the five Warner Bros. Batman movies, including this summer’s Christian Bale hit (left). No doubt some Batfans will hole up in their Batcaves and watch them all in one sitting. See you guys in November.
Posted January 18 2015 — 5:51 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Mystery roles for Julie Delpy and Linda Cardellini
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip