Yep, the screen’s first Batman wasn’t Michael Keaton or Adam West but Lewis Wilson. He starred in the 15-part The Batman adventure serial in 1943, to be released in its entirety on disc on Oct. 18. That’s Bat-Day in DVD Land, which will also mark the releases of two-disc special editions of the five Warner Bros. Batman movies, including this summer’s Christian Bale hit (left). No doubt some Batfans will hole up in their Batcaves and watch them all in one sitting. See you guys in November.
Posted August 17 2005 — 1:42 PM EDT
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: The Most Dramatic 'Bachelor' Recap Ever: Episode 6
- 'Scorpion' stars break down big Quintis moment
- Oscars show will be 'most diverse ever,' producer says
- 'X-Files' writer on Monday night's huge spoiler
- Lupita Nyong'o in talks to star in sci-fi thriller 'Intelligent Life'
- 'Orange Is the New Black' star Taryn Manning is suing New York City over 2014 arrest
- 'Taxi Driver' turns 40: Five ways the movie affected pop culture