Yep, the screen’s first Batman wasn’t Michael Keaton or Adam West but Lewis Wilson. He starred in the 15-part The Batman adventure serial in 1943, to be released in its entirety on disc on Oct. 18. That’s Bat-Day in DVD Land, which will also mark the releases of two-disc special editions of the five Warner Bros. Batman movies, including this summer’s Christian Bale hit (left). No doubt some Batfans will hole up in their Batcaves and watch them all in one sitting. See you guys in November.
Posted August 17 2005 — 1:42 PM EDT
- 'Big Brother' contestants invade 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- ‘Justice League’ director celebrates Wonder Woman with new photo
- Bill Murray crashes White House press briefing to talk Cubs baseball
- 'Secrets and Lies' sneak peek: Eric and Cornell meet again
- ‘Captain Marvel’ will be ‘strongest character we’ve ever had': Marvel
- Lynda Carter, Gal Gadot reflect on 75 years of Wonder Woman
- Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn parody Beyoncé's 'Formation'