Yep, the screen’s first Batman wasn’t Michael Keaton or Adam West but Lewis Wilson. He starred in the 15-part The Batman adventure serial in 1943, to be released in its entirety on disc on Oct. 18. That’s Bat-Day in DVD Land, which will also mark the releases of two-disc special editions of the five Warner Bros. Batman movies, including this summer’s Christian Bale hit (left). No doubt some Batfans will hole up in their Batcaves and watch them all in one sitting. See you guys in November.
Posted August 17 2005 — 1:42 PM EDT
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- Jennifer Lawrence blames her butt for almost killing 'Hunger Games’ crew
- Kanye West: 'Things are going better,' says Ryan Seacrest
- Patton Oswalt opens up about being a single father after wife's death
- Matthew Broderick debuts his very own Donald Trump impression
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen make for ultimate Charades team
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big