Yep, the screen’s first Batman wasn’t Michael Keaton or Adam West but Lewis Wilson. He starred in the 15-part The Batman adventure serial in 1943, to be released in its entirety on disc on Oct. 18. That’s Bat-Day in DVD Land, which will also mark the releases of two-disc special editions of the five Warner Bros. Batman movies, including this summer’s Christian Bale hit (left). No doubt some Batfans will hole up in their Batcaves and watch them all in one sitting. See you guys in November.
Posted August 17 2005 — 1:42 PM EDT
- 'A Beautiful Mind' mathematician John Nash killed in car crash
- 'Turn' sneak peek: Washington meets Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian': First Look
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!