Steve Carell plays Andy, a dweeb in cheesy polo shirts who has never had sex, in the most surprising way possible: as a credible human being. The 40 Year-Old Virgin is a buoyantly clever and amusing comedy full of fresh gags about porn and speed dating, yet it has the wit to present its title character’s dilemma as a projection of all our romantic anxieties.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Steve Carell, Catherine Keener, Paul Rudd; Director: Judd Apatow; Author: Judd Apatow, Steve Carell; Release Date Wide: 08/19/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser: Watch now
- 'The Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Nick Jonas talks hosting the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards, his new image and that Kanye West cover
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!