Steve Carell plays Andy, a dweeb in cheesy polo shirts who has never had sex, in the most surprising way possible: as a credible human being. The 40 Year-Old Virgin is a buoyantly clever and amusing comedy full of fresh gags about porn and speed dating, yet it has the wit to present its title character’s dilemma as a projection of all our romantic anxieties.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Steve Carell, Catherine Keener, Paul Rudd; Director: Judd Apatow; Author: Judd Apatow, Steve Carell; Release Date Wide: 08/19/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 26 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mel Gibson: 'Passion of the Christ' sequel would focus on the resurrection
- 'SNL': Simone Biles pleads for Final Five to host
- 'Greenleaf' finale: Star Merle Dandridge spills season secrets
- Chris Brown already has new song a day after his arrest
- Disney's Tower of Terror ride gets January checkout date
- Rep. John Lewis crowd surfs in 'Late Show' appearance
- Judge Judy drama series in the works at CBS
- 11 of the Best 'Mister Rogers' Neighborhood' Guest Stars
- 'Easy': 12 Exclusive First Look Photos
- First Look: Jyn Erso Toys from 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
- Darth Vader, Voldemort, and 7 Other Pop Culture Comparisons to Donald Trump
- Celebrity Professors: See Stars Who Make the Grade
- 55 Books to Read This Fall