Steve Carell plays Andy, a dweeb in cheesy polo shirts who has never had sex, in the most surprising way possible: as a credible human being. The 40 Year-Old Virgin is a buoyantly clever and amusing comedy full of fresh gags about porn and speed dating, yet it has the wit to present its title character’s dilemma as a projection of all our romantic anxieties.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Steve Carell, Catherine Keener, Paul Rudd; Director: Judd Apatow; Author: Judd Apatow, Steve Carell; Release Date Wide: 08/19/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Universal
Posted August 26 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- NBC pulls plug on 'Coach' revival
- 'AHS: Hotel': Ryan Murphy shares three super creepy teasers
- Casting Net: Missi Pyle, Joey Lawrence hit horse rescue drama 'Emma's Chance'
- Rick Ross announces new album will be released this week
- Kesha to guest-star on 'Jane the Virgin'
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!