First I read the Emmy-nominated Six Feet Under writer Jill Soloway’s essay collection Tiny Ladies In Shiny Pants . Now I’d really like to meet her for mojitos and agree to be best friends forever. Soloway loves reality TV (”you would think I would rather have lunch with George Clooney than Amaya from The Real World Hawaii but you would be wrong”), gay men, good sex, and Google. She hates women who hover over toilet seats, Paris Hilton, and best-selling books like He’s Just Not That Into You (”it manages to reiterate in chapter after chapter that there’s nothing a man despises more than a woman who is sexually available to him”). Sisterly, smart, funny, and vulgar, Soloway’s debut deserves a space on the shelf beside David Sedaris and Augusten Burroughs.
Tiny Ladies In Shiny PantsFirst I read the Emmy-nominated Six Feet Under writer Jill Soloway's essay collection Tiny Ladies In Shiny Pants . Now I'd...Tiny Ladies In Shiny PantsEssaysFirst I read the Emmy-nominated Six Feet Under writer Jill Soloway's essay collection Tiny Ladies In Shiny Pants . Now I'd...2005-09-09The Free Press
Genre: Essays; Publisher: The Free Press
Posted September 9 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jack Black meets the cast of Broadway's 'School of Rock'
- See Ellen DeGeneres scare Chris Evans and Elizabeth Olsen
- See the Dixie Chicks cover Beyoncé's 'Daddy Lessons'
- New 'Call of Duty' teasers warn of a new enemy
- Beyoncé scores her sixth No. 1 album with 'Lemonade'
- Zac Efron once cried to try to get out of a ticket
- 'Friends' stars Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc reunite in London
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch