First I read the Emmy-nominated Six Feet Under writer Jill Soloway’s essay collection Tiny Ladies In Shiny Pants . Now I’d really like to meet her for mojitos and agree to be best friends forever. Soloway loves reality TV (”you would think I would rather have lunch with George Clooney than Amaya from The Real World Hawaii but you would be wrong”), gay men, good sex, and Google. She hates women who hover over toilet seats, Paris Hilton, and best-selling books like He’s Just Not That Into You (”it manages to reiterate in chapter after chapter that there’s nothing a man despises more than a woman who is sexually available to him”). Sisterly, smart, funny, and vulgar, Soloway’s debut deserves a space on the shelf beside David Sedaris and Augusten Burroughs.
Tiny Ladies In Shiny PantsFirst I read the Emmy-nominated Six Feet Under writer Jill Soloway's essay collection Tiny Ladies In Shiny Pants . Now I'd...Tiny Ladies In Shiny PantsEssaysFirst I read the Emmy-nominated Six Feet Under writer Jill Soloway's essay collection Tiny Ladies In Shiny Pants . Now I'd...2005-09-09The Free Press
Genre: Essays; Publisher: The Free Press
Posted September 9 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!