First I read the Emmy-nominated Six Feet Under writer Jill Soloway’s essay collection Tiny Ladies In Shiny Pants . Now I’d really like to meet her for mojitos and agree to be best friends forever. Soloway loves reality TV (”you would think I would rather have lunch with George Clooney than Amaya from The Real World Hawaii but you would be wrong”), gay men, good sex, and Google. She hates women who hover over toilet seats, Paris Hilton, and best-selling books like He’s Just Not That Into You (”it manages to reiterate in chapter after chapter that there’s nothing a man despises more than a woman who is sexually available to him”). Sisterly, smart, funny, and vulgar, Soloway’s debut deserves a space on the shelf beside David Sedaris and Augusten Burroughs.
Tiny Ladies In Shiny PantsFirst I read the Emmy-nominated Six Feet Under writer Jill Soloway's essay collection Tiny Ladies In Shiny Pants . Now I'd...Tiny Ladies In Shiny PantsEssaysFirst I read the Emmy-nominated Six Feet Under writer Jill Soloway's essay collection Tiny Ladies In Shiny Pants . Now I'd...2005-09-09The Free Press
Genre: Essays; Publisher: The Free Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'New Girl' boss on that season finale shocker--and what's next
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!