A fatuous divorcé moves to a Celebration-like planned community in Florida, only to find it’s infested with alligators. A nature buff plans to seduce his new girlfriend on a hiking trip, but leads her into a catastrophic blizzard. An aimless young drunk adopts a feral African wildcat to impress a pretty waitress. In Tooth and Claw, T.C. Boyle’s fierce, funny new collection, men are fools, women hold the sexual cards, and nature is full of surprises, few of them pleasant. As always, Boyle writes wonderfully about oddballs, boozers, and the terminally self-deluded. But his best work here isn’t satirical: In ”Chicxulub,” he juxtaposes the history of civilization-ending asteroids with the account of a happy middle-aged couple, summoned in the night to a hospital with terrible news about their daughter. The impact is shattering.
Tooth and ClawA fatuous divorcé moves to a Celebration-like planned community in Florida, only to find it's infested with alligators. A nature buff plans to seduce...Tooth and ClawShort Stories, FictionT. Coraghessan BoyleA fatuous divorcé moves to a Celebration-like planned community in Florida, only to find it's infested with alligators. A nature buff plans to seduce...2005-09-09Viking
Genre: Short Stories, Fiction; Author: T. Coraghessan Boyle; Publisher: Viking
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!