The result of a married couple making music together can be chaotic, questionable, or just plain lame (think Ike & Tina, Wings, or Nick and Jessica, respectively), but Ivan Howard and Kelly Crisp buck such trends with their burgeoning band the Rosebuds. On their new album, Birds Make Good Neighbors, intimate, sweet pop gems abound, with lovely vocals over soulful, melancholic, alt-country rhythms. “Blue Bird” is a hushed highlight for which Morrissey would surely cry several bowls of tears. Irresistible background vocals (“hoo-hoo”) could double as wicked bird calls.
Posted September 12 2005 — 10:47 PM EDT
- The handshake: Trump and Clinton's stiff greeting
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton post on social media before first debate
- Adele's '25' has gone diamond
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Will Daisy and Ghost Rider find common ground?
- 'Minecraft' novel in the works from 'World War Z' author
- 'Will & Grace' reunion mystery solved: Cast stars in video for Hillary
- Naomi Watts and Liev Schreiber split after 11 years together