The result of a married couple making music together can be chaotic, questionable, or just plain lame (think Ike & Tina, Wings, or Nick and Jessica, respectively), but Ivan Howard and Kelly Crisp buck such trends with their burgeoning band the Rosebuds. On their new album, Birds Make Good Neighbors, intimate, sweet pop gems abound, with lovely vocals over soulful, melancholic, alt-country rhythms. “Blue Bird” is a hushed highlight for which Morrissey would surely cry several bowls of tears. Irresistible background vocals (“hoo-hoo”) could double as wicked bird calls.
Posted September 12 2005 — 10:47 PM EDT
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?