The result of a married couple making music together can be chaotic, questionable, or just plain lame (think Ike & Tina, Wings, or Nick and Jessica, respectively), but Ivan Howard and Kelly Crisp buck such trends with their burgeoning band the Rosebuds. On their new album, Birds Make Good Neighbors, intimate, sweet pop gems abound, with lovely vocals over soulful, melancholic, alt-country rhythms. “Blue Bird” is a hushed highlight for which Morrissey would surely cry several bowls of tears. Irresistible background vocals (“hoo-hoo”) could double as wicked bird calls.
Posted September 12 2005 — 10:47 PM EDT
- The Monkees release new song written by XTC's Andy Partridge
- 'Killer POV' lives! Horror podcast team reassembles as 'Shock Waves'
- Arsenio Hall refutes Sinead O'Connor charge that he gave Prince drugs
- 'Bates Motel': Kerry Ehrin, Freddie Highmore on Monday's episode
- Kristen Stewart, Gabourey Sidibe to direct short films for Refinery29
- 'DWTS': Nyle DiMarco just got robbed of a 10... again
- Bono joins Lupita Nyong'o, 'Eclipsed' cast to remember kidnapped girls
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters