The result of a married couple making music together can be chaotic, questionable, or just plain lame (think Ike & Tina, Wings, or Nick and Jessica, respectively), but Ivan Howard and Kelly Crisp buck such trends with their burgeoning band the Rosebuds. On their new album, Birds Make Good Neighbors, intimate, sweet pop gems abound, with lovely vocals over soulful, melancholic, alt-country rhythms. “Blue Bird” is a hushed highlight for which Morrissey would surely cry several bowls of tears. Irresistible background vocals (“hoo-hoo”) could double as wicked bird calls.
Posted September 12 2005 — 10:47 PM EDT
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas returns with new single 'Trust You,' shares details of new album
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Will Stannis make the sacrifice on 'Game of Thrones'?
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Can Tyrion be trusted on 'Game of Thrones'?
- Kim and Kanye: It's their 1st anniversary
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!