The result of a married couple making music together can be chaotic, questionable, or just plain lame (think Ike & Tina, Wings, or Nick and Jessica, respectively), but Ivan Howard and Kelly Crisp buck such trends with their burgeoning band the Rosebuds. On their new album, Birds Make Good Neighbors, intimate, sweet pop gems abound, with lovely vocals over soulful, melancholic, alt-country rhythms. “Blue Bird” is a hushed highlight for which Morrissey would surely cry several bowls of tears. Irresistible background vocals (“hoo-hoo”) could double as wicked bird calls.
Posted September 12 2005 — 10:47 PM EDT
- Country singer Granger Smith hospitalized after on stage fall
- New 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' trailer has lots of Baby Groot
- Netflix announces 'Sense8' Christmas special, season 2 premiere dates
- 'The Last of Us Part II' reveal trailer shows matured Ellie and Joel
- Madonna jokes with Sean Penn about remarrying to raise money for charity
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big