Seven-year-old twins Georgia and Bessi Hunter are two oddball, frizzy-‘froed heroines struggling to survive their dysfunctional family in ’80s suburban London. With their Nigerian mother trying to soak her depression away in the bathtub and their British dad steeped in his own troubled past, the duo — and their freewheeling older sister Bel and devoted younger sib Kemy — create a fantasy world in 26A (their ”apartment” of sorts) with, among other wild schemes, a dream to start their own pancake-making business. But as the twins grow up —and apart — things get more than a little sticky. Evans delivers a heartwarming epic that’s never syrupy sweet.
26ASeven-year-old twins Georgia and Bessi Hunter are two oddball, frizzy-'froed heroines struggling to survive their dysfunctional family in '80s suburban...26AFictionDiana EvansSeven-year-old twins Georgia and Bessi Hunter are two oddball, frizzy-'froed heroines struggling to survive their dysfunctional family in '80s suburban...2005-09-16William Morrow
Genre: Fiction; Author: Diana Evans; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted September 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'X-Files' writer on Monday night's huge spoiler
- Lupita Nyong'o in talks to star in sci-fi thriller 'Intelligent Life'
- 'Orange Is the New Black' star Taryn Manning is suing New York City over 2014 arrest
- 'Taxi Driver' turns 40: Five ways the movie affected pop culture
- Billy Eichner's trailer was hit by a truck while he was inside
- ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons to star in Discovery pilot 'Rockin' Roadsters'
- 'The Flash' star Danielle Panabaker teases Killer Frost's icy Earth-2 debut