Seven-year-old twins Georgia and Bessi Hunter are two oddball, frizzy-‘froed heroines struggling to survive their dysfunctional family in ’80s suburban London. With their Nigerian mother trying to soak her depression away in the bathtub and their British dad steeped in his own troubled past, the duo — and their freewheeling older sister Bel and devoted younger sib Kemy — create a fantasy world in 26A (their ”apartment” of sorts) with, among other wild schemes, a dream to start their own pancake-making business. But as the twins grow up —and apart — things get more than a little sticky. Evans delivers a heartwarming epic that’s never syrupy sweet.
26ASeven-year-old twins Georgia and Bessi Hunter are two oddball, frizzy-'froed heroines struggling to survive their dysfunctional family in '80s suburban...26AFictionDiana EvansSeven-year-old twins Georgia and Bessi Hunter are two oddball, frizzy-'froed heroines struggling to survive their dysfunctional family in '80s suburban...2005-09-16William Morrow
Genre: Fiction; Author: Diana Evans; Status: In Season; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted September 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Leonard Nimoy's legacy: A long and prosperous life remembered
- Leonard Nimoy: EW's Jeff Jensen talks 'passing of the torch' moment with Zachary Quinto
- Bill Cosby seeks dismissal of lawsuit
- William Shatner, Patrick Stewart on Nimoy
- Craig Ferguson to star in ABC’s comedy pilot 'The King of 7B'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder,' 'Chicago Fire,' 'Agents of SHIELD,' more fresh TV spoilers
- MTV renews 'Are You the One?,' 'The Challenge,' orders two new series