Chris Ware (Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth) takes in the tired, the poor, the struggling ‘toons that have peppered his ACME Novelty Library periodicals and gives them a home here. At turns poignant and cheeky, the hardcover teems with meticulously detailed comics of unmistakable Ware-iness: strips like ”G.I. Jim,” about action-figure-collecting nerds, and faux ads, like the one touting feudalism.
The ACME Novelty LibraryChris Ware (Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth) takes in the tired, the poor, the struggling 'toons that have peppered his ACME...The ACME Novelty LibraryFictionChris WareChris Ware (Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth) takes in the tired, the poor, the struggling 'toons that have peppered his ACME...2005-09-16Pantheon
Genre: Fiction; Author: Chris Ware; Publisher: Pantheon
Posted September 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: M. Night Shyamalan's new supernatural thriller adds four actors
- 'Chicago Fire' recap: 'Let it Burn'
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Pig Out'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' EP to produce 'Famous in Love' drama pilot starring Bella Thorne
- 'Arrow' actor Neal McDonough on bringing megalomaniac Damien Darhk to life
- Lamar Odom hospitalized in Las Vegas
- E! is going to spin off 'Botched'
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6