Ah, New York Fashion Week: The celebrity-filled shows, the rooftop afterparties, the constant flow of high-end champagne….and the latest offerings from Wal-Mart? It may seem unlikely, but while the fashion flock click-clacked their stilettoed way to Marc Jacobs downtown, EW settled in at Times Square Studios for a runway show (sponsored by ElleGirl and Wal-Mart) featuring former America’s Next Top Model contestants. Toccara, Eva, Naima and Co. gamely tried to make their synthetic-looking ensembles seem chic, but it was a long way from Coutureville. Luckily, things perked up a bit at the show’s finale, where Project Runway alums Austin Scarlett and Kara Saun revisited their first-episode grocery store challenge and created two evening gowns using only inorganic materials from, you guessed it, Wal-Mart. We would have loved to see Anna Wintour’s reaction to that.
Posted September 16 2005 — 8:36 PM EDT
- Kelly Osbourne says she 'f---ed up' after comments about Latinos go viral
- See Ilana Glazer shake it like a Polaroid picture on 'Lip Sync Battle'
- Tavi Gevinson to guest-star on 'Scream Queens'
- A$AP Rocky and Tyler, the Creator are touring together
- The Weeknd’s new album includes tracks with Lana Del Rey and Ed Sheeran
- Caitlyn Jenner's reality show loses half its audience
- 'Fantastic Four' honest trailer has a problem with cloud-based villains