Venom, is a mud-simple horror trudge set in a swamp colony of Abercrombie models. All line up obligingly to get mulched by a zombie redneck (an unwitting repository for evil, thanks to voodoo-tinged snakebites) who is, by far, the most sympathetic presence on screen. You only wish he had more interesting people to kill. That’s the trouble with these little Horror Belt towns — no new blood.
(Venom: Dale Robinette)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Agnes Bruckner, Bijou Phillips, Jonathan Jackson, Method Man; Director: Jim Gillespie; Author: Flint Dille, John Zurr Platten; Release Date Limited: 09/16/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted September 21 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mickey Rourke: The 10 most outrageous quotes from his podcast with Alec Baldwin
- Conan O'Brien mimics Cam Newton in 'Post-Joke Press Conference'
- Second City establishes Harold Ramis Film School in Chicago
- See the trailer and read an excerpt from Veronica Rossi's 'Riders' -- exclusive
- Kelly Clarkson announces new book with daughter River Rose
- Tom Hiddleston lives the high life in new 'High-Rise' trailer
- 'Walking Dead' director on the 'unprecedented' midseason premiere