Venom, is a mud-simple horror trudge set in a swamp colony of Abercrombie models. All line up obligingly to get mulched by a zombie redneck (an unwitting repository for evil, thanks to voodoo-tinged snakebites) who is, by far, the most sympathetic presence on screen. You only wish he had more interesting people to kill. That’s the trouble with these little Horror Belt towns — no new blood.
(Venom: Dale Robinette)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Agnes Bruckner, Bijou Phillips, Jonathan Jackson, Method Man; Director: Jim Gillespie; Author: Flint Dille, John Zurr Platten; Release Date Limited: 09/16/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted September 21 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How Ann Coulter hijacked the Rob Lowe roast
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good