Venom, is a mud-simple horror trudge set in a swamp colony of Abercrombie models. All line up obligingly to get mulched by a zombie redneck (an unwitting repository for evil, thanks to voodoo-tinged snakebites) who is, by far, the most sympathetic presence on screen. You only wish he had more interesting people to kill. That’s the trouble with these little Horror Belt towns — no new blood.
(Venom: Dale Robinette)
Genre: Horror; Starring: Agnes Bruckner, Bijou Phillips, Jonathan Jackson, Method Man; Director: Jim Gillespie; Author: Flint Dille, John Zurr Platten; Release Date Limited: 09/16/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 87; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Miramax
Posted September 21 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' director reveals early design for Star-Lord's mask
- Idris Elba has 'nothing constructive to say' about Bond speculation
- Ava DuVernay responds to 'Gods of Egypt' casting apology
- Chrissy Teigen, more stars react to Planned Parenthood shooting
- 'Batman v Superman' star Henry Cavill adopts a bat named Ben
- James Wan shares new set photos from 'The Conjuring 2'