Hitting racks just as she begins serving a jail sentence for perjury, Lil’ Kim’s fourth record, The Naked Truth, finds the pint-size fashionista tackling subjects beyond her typical raunchy raps and odes to conspicuous consumption. Her very-real-life drama has inspired some of her most focused work — the dread-filled ”Slippin” — and also some of her worst: ”Shut Up Bitch” is merely grating and gimmicky.
The Naked Truth Hitting racks just as she begins serving a jail sentence for perjury, Lil' Kim's fourth record, The Naked Truth, finds the pint-size...The Naked TruthHip-Hop/Rap Hitting racks just as she begins serving a jail sentence for perjury, Lil' Kim's fourth record, The Naked Truth, finds the pint-size...2005-10-17
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Lil' Kim; Producer (group): Atlantic
Posted October 17 2005 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!