An Office Space with only eight deleted scenes? Okay, not so ungenerous — just a letdown for us cultists who harbored the fantasy that maybe, àla Spi¨al Tap, there was a three-hour rough cut floating around. The comic gold comes fast — well, medium-paced — and furious in Mike Judge’s first live-action feature, which should go further than any other artifact toward explaining the white man’s burden to our puzzled descendants. Curiously for a pic in which even tiny performances are gems, it only really made a star of the red Swingline, a mythical item until Space’s initial DVD’s popularity forced such a stapler into existence. EXTRAS Outtakes include two different fates for Gary Cole’s ultimate passive-aggressive boss. Fresh interviews revisit all the leads except Aniston — and you know you wonder what Stephen Root, who played unknowingly unemployed Milton, really looks like. Maddeningly, Judge’s old ”Milton” ‘toons aren’t here; SNL probably wouldn’t grant rights, but it still gives us a case of the Mondays. Thanks to studio shortsightedness, the DVD-ROM content plays only on PCs, though we’d prefer to think that’s a clever in-joke about Mac users’ frustration in a Windows-only office.
(Office Space: Van Redin)
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Ron Livingston, Gary Cole, David Herman, Ajay Naidu, Stephen Root; Director: Mike Judge; Author: Mike Judge; Release Date Wide: 02/19/1999; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted November 1 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday