An Office Space with only eight deleted scenes? Okay, not so ungenerous — just a letdown for us cultists who harbored the fantasy that maybe, àla Spi¨al Tap, there was a three-hour rough cut floating around. The comic gold comes fast — well, medium-paced — and furious in Mike Judge’s first live-action feature, which should go further than any other artifact toward explaining the white man’s burden to our puzzled descendants. Curiously for a pic in which even tiny performances are gems, it only really made a star of the red Swingline, a mythical item until Space’s initial DVD’s popularity forced such a stapler into existence. EXTRAS Outtakes include two different fates for Gary Cole’s ultimate passive-aggressive boss. Fresh interviews revisit all the leads except Aniston — and you know you wonder what Stephen Root, who played unknowingly unemployed Milton, really looks like. Maddeningly, Judge’s old ”Milton” ‘toons aren’t here; SNL probably wouldn’t grant rights, but it still gives us a case of the Mondays. Thanks to studio shortsightedness, the DVD-ROM content plays only on PCs, though we’d prefer to think that’s a clever in-joke about Mac users’ frustration in a Windows-only office.
(Office Space: Van Redin)
Genre: Comedy, Romance; Starring: Jennifer Aniston, Ron Livingston, Gary Cole, David Herman, Ajay Naidu, Stephen Root; Director: Mike Judge; Author: Mike Judge; Release Date Wide: 02/19/1999; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted November 1 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Disney Infinity 3.0' developer discusses bringing iconic 'Star Wars' characters to the franchise
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner promises 'psychological tension'
- The next generation of male pop stars, from Harry Styles to The Weeknd
- The slow, curious fade of the male pop star
- Final 'Dexter' book says farewell to serial killer Dexter Morgan
- Kel Mitchell talks return to Nickelodeon this fall in 'Game Shakers'
- Kevin Bacon, Neil Marshall, and the other Thor to attend Fantasia 2015
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!