On the occasion of the new Titanic DVD release, James Cameron talks to the U.K.’s Times that he’s making up for his decade-long absence from the multiplex with four new movies, at least two of which will use his new digital 3-D system. ”I’m directing two movies back-to-back and I’ve got two more lined up after that,” he says. ”Two movies using the same techniques, the same 3-D digital-camera system, the same virtual production studio. They’re big projects.” One of the films is Battle Angel, an adaptation of a Japanese manga series whose heroine is a teenage amnesiac female cyborg. Another may be the secret story dubbed ”Project 880” in Cameron-land. The first film will come out in summer 2007, the next two years later. Not on the King of the World’s dance card: Terminator 4 or True Lies 2. Let the speculation begin.
Posted November 3 2005 — 4:07 PM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!