On the occasion of the new Titanic DVD release, James Cameron talks to the U.K.’s Times that he’s making up for his decade-long absence from the multiplex with four new movies, at least two of which will use his new digital 3-D system. ”I’m directing two movies back-to-back and I’ve got two more lined up after that,” he says. ”Two movies using the same techniques, the same 3-D digital-camera system, the same virtual production studio. They’re big projects.” One of the films is Battle Angel, an adaptation of a Japanese manga series whose heroine is a teenage amnesiac female cyborg. Another may be the secret story dubbed ”Project 880” in Cameron-land. The first film will come out in summer 2007, the next two years later. Not on the King of the World’s dance card: Terminator 4 or True Lies 2. Let the speculation begin.
Posted November 3 2005 — 4:07 PM EST
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!