So Charlize Theron uglified herself for North Country. Big whoop. Her real fashion risk resumes Nov. 7 on Fox’s Arrested Development, when Theron jumps back into the Wellington boots of Rita, an English free spirit who’s not afraid to sport what appears to be a giant doily-turned-sweater, or a Daniel Boone cap over pearls and a fuzzy seal backpack. Rita’s eccentricity — exec producer Mitch Hurwitz describes it as Harajuku girl-meets-British mod — has won the heart of Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman), but sadly, she also appears to be a spy involved in a plot to take down the Bluth family. ”There’s a reason we’re dressing her that way. We can’t really say why,” says costume supervisor Marilynn Oleksinski. ”But the payoff is big.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Outlander' postmortem: EP Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on sexy, surreal season premiere
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany on season premiere choking and spanking
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!