So Charlize Theron uglified herself for North Country. Big whoop. Her real fashion risk resumes Nov. 7 on Fox’s Arrested Development, when Theron jumps back into the Wellington boots of Rita, an English free spirit who’s not afraid to sport what appears to be a giant doily-turned-sweater, or a Daniel Boone cap over pearls and a fuzzy seal backpack. Rita’s eccentricity — exec producer Mitch Hurwitz describes it as Harajuku girl-meets-British mod — has won the heart of Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman), but sadly, she also appears to be a spy involved in a plot to take down the Bluth family. ”There’s a reason we’re dressing her that way. We can’t really say why,” says costume supervisor Marilynn Oleksinski. ”But the payoff is big.”
Posted November 4 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Adele's new album may have its release date
- See Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer dance on Billy Joel's piano
- Pierce Brosnan tells Kimmel why he turned down 'Batman'
- Macklemore got Ken Griffey Jr. to recreate his famous rookie card
- Celebrate Shania Twain's birthday by playing 'Shania lyric or motivational poster?'
- Justin Bieber drops 'What Do You Mean?' after online leak
- Snoop Dogg watches tree frogs have an orgy on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!