So Charlize Theron uglified herself for North Country. Big whoop. Her real fashion risk resumes Nov. 7 on Fox’s Arrested Development, when Theron jumps back into the Wellington boots of Rita, an English free spirit who’s not afraid to sport what appears to be a giant doily-turned-sweater, or a Daniel Boone cap over pearls and a fuzzy seal backpack. Rita’s eccentricity — exec producer Mitch Hurwitz describes it as Harajuku girl-meets-British mod — has won the heart of Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman), but sadly, she also appears to be a spy involved in a plot to take down the Bluth family. ”There’s a reason we’re dressing her that way. We can’t really say why,” says costume supervisor Marilynn Oleksinski. ”But the payoff is big.”
Posted November 4 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...