So Charlize Theron uglified herself for North Country. Big whoop. Her real fashion risk resumes Nov. 7 on Fox’s Arrested Development, when Theron jumps back into the Wellington boots of Rita, an English free spirit who’s not afraid to sport what appears to be a giant doily-turned-sweater, or a Daniel Boone cap over pearls and a fuzzy seal backpack. Rita’s eccentricity — exec producer Mitch Hurwitz describes it as Harajuku girl-meets-British mod — has won the heart of Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman), but sadly, she also appears to be a spy involved in a plot to take down the Bluth family. ”There’s a reason we’re dressing her that way. We can’t really say why,” says costume supervisor Marilynn Oleksinski. ”But the payoff is big.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!