It seems there can be too much of a good thing. Donald Trump’s corporate schmoozefest The Apprentice has lost nearly 4 million viewers since last season, thanks to an overall drop in reality ratings — and, yes, that other Apprentice with Martha Stewart, which musters only 6.7 million to Trump’s 10.3 million. ”Wednesday and Thursday split the audience,” admits Mark Burnett, who exec-produces both versions. Burnett says Stewart ”doesn’t have time” to do prime time beyond this one-season experiment (not that anyone was asking, given the ratings), but Trump’s side of the franchise lives on: He’s already shooting season 5 (set to air this spring). And he claims stuffing four contestants into the taxi of shame on the Oct. 27 episode doesn’t signal that NBC has cut back on the number of episodes; there are always more contestants than episodes — Trump’s trigger finger simply itched sooner rather than later. ”They happened to perform really badly on that task,” he explains.
Posted November 4 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Pink says she has no issue with Demi Lovato after critical VMAs comments
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!