What indie misery looks like when re-created by one of Hollywood’s big studios, with Nicolas Cage moping around as Dave Spritz, a Chicago TV guy caught in a shower of life’s crap.
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Nicolas Cage, Gil Bellows, Michael Caine, Hope Davis; Director: Gore Verbinski; Author: Steve Conrad; Release Date Wide: 10/28/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted November 4 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!