In his feature-film acting debut, 50 Cent portrays a ”character” who makes good on the same gangs-to-riches glory story as the man himself. So it’s hardly surprising that the accompanying 18-song Get Rich or Die Tryin’ Soundtrack — which features six new solo tunes from 50 Cent — exhibits all of the standard G-Unit talking points: guns, gaudiness, and girls. Although 50 shows a deft touch on tracks like ”Hustlers Ambition” and ”Window Shopper,” the album loses momentum when it’s handed over to his less-than-competent partners in rhyme.
(Get Rich or Die Tryin': Michael Gibson)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performers: 50 Cent, Various Artists; Producer (group): Interscope
Posted November 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'Luther' trailer asks: 'You scared of me?'
- Drake: 'I'd do anything with Adele' — including a 'Hotline Bling' remix
- National Dog Show names Charlie the Skye terrier its Best in Show
- CBS will air two Super Bowl commercial specials before 'Super Bowl 50'
- Amy Schumer, Mindy Kaling, and more celebs give thanks on social media
- Highlights from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Adele's '25' surges past 3 million in sales in the U.S.