In his feature-film acting debut, 50 Cent portrays a ”character” who makes good on the same gangs-to-riches glory story as the man himself. So it’s hardly surprising that the accompanying 18-song Get Rich or Die Tryin’ Soundtrack — which features six new solo tunes from 50 Cent — exhibits all of the standard G-Unit talking points: guns, gaudiness, and girls. Although 50 shows a deft touch on tracks like ”Hustlers Ambition” and ”Window Shopper,” the album loses momentum when it’s handed over to his less-than-competent partners in rhyme.
(Get Rich or Die Tryin': Michael Gibson)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performers: 50 Cent, Various Artists; Producer (group): Interscope
Posted November 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Anne Hathaway on Oscar win: ‘I tried to pretend that I was happy
- Adam Scott to guest on 'The Good Place'
- Lady Gaga on Madonna comparisons: 'What I do is different'
- Madonna’s 'Rebel Heart Tour' is coming to Showtime
- YouTuber sings Smash Mouth’s ‘All Star’ over Adele, John Lennon
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter expecting second child
- Michael Rooker names 'Night of the Living Dead' as Halloween movie pick