In his feature-film acting debut, 50 Cent portrays a ”character” who makes good on the same gangs-to-riches glory story as the man himself. So it’s hardly surprising that the accompanying 18-song Get Rich or Die Tryin’ Soundtrack — which features six new solo tunes from 50 Cent — exhibits all of the standard G-Unit talking points: guns, gaudiness, and girls. Although 50 shows a deft touch on tracks like ”Hustlers Ambition” and ”Window Shopper,” the album loses momentum when it’s handed over to his less-than-competent partners in rhyme.
(Get Rich or Die Tryin': Michael Gibson)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performers: 50 Cent, Various Artists; Producer (group): Interscope
Posted November 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' get 'Hooked on a Feeling' in new promo
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln on an 'astonishing' season 6
- That time Jon Stewart saved Bill Clinton from an awkward encounter
- Eddie Redmayne stuns in new posters for 'The Danish Girl'
- Walt Disney experts dismiss allegations he was anti-Semitic
- See the latest trailer for 'The Intern'
- John Oliver uses song to explain why Washington, D.C., should become a state
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!