In his feature-film acting debut, 50 Cent portrays a ”character” who makes good on the same gangs-to-riches glory story as the man himself. So it’s hardly surprising that the accompanying 18-song Get Rich or Die Tryin’ Soundtrack — which features six new solo tunes from 50 Cent — exhibits all of the standard G-Unit talking points: guns, gaudiness, and girls. Although 50 shows a deft touch on tracks like ”Hustlers Ambition” and ”Window Shopper,” the album loses momentum when it’s handed over to his less-than-competent partners in rhyme.
(Get Rich or Die Tryin': Michael Gibson)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performers: 50 Cent, Various Artists; Producer (group): Interscope
Posted November 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Survivor: Kaôh Rōng': The majority alliance begins to crumble
- Channing Tatum announces 'Magic Mike Live' show in Las Vegas
- Ava DuVernay departs as director of 'Intelligent Life'
- 'Family Guy' mocks Donald Trump as 'dumb loudmouth' in Emmy mailer
- 'Fuller House' cast shares photos from first day back on set
- Andrew Garfield to star in crime thriller from 'It Follows' director
- 'NCIS': Try not to get emotional watching this goodbye clip for Tony DiNozzo