In his feature-film acting debut, 50 Cent portrays a ”character” who makes good on the same gangs-to-riches glory story as the man himself. So it’s hardly surprising that the accompanying 18-song Get Rich or Die Tryin’ Soundtrack — which features six new solo tunes from 50 Cent — exhibits all of the standard G-Unit talking points: guns, gaudiness, and girls. Although 50 shows a deft touch on tracks like ”Hustlers Ambition” and ”Window Shopper,” the album loses momentum when it’s handed over to his less-than-competent partners in rhyme.
(Get Rich or Die Tryin': Michael Gibson)
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performers: 50 Cent, Various Artists; Producer (group): Interscope
Posted November 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!