Gold Sounds expands the jazz canon beyond Tin Pan Alley standards to…Pavement. It turns out the legendary indie band’s fractured slacker rock makes for some surprisingly good instrumental cover material. Led by the renowned James Carter’s fearless saxophone blowing, this quartet of veteran players uncovers an unexpected soulful tinge beneath Pavement’s fuzzed-out absurdities, turning their ”Summer Babe” into a gospel-jazz vamp and ”Trigger Cut” into an appealingly bouncy bebop piano piece.
Gold Sounds Gold Sounds expands the jazz canon beyond Tin Pan Alley standards to...Pavement. It turns out the legendary indie band's fractured...Gold SoundsJazz Gold Sounds expands the jazz canon beyond Tin Pan Alley standards to...Pavement. It turns out the legendary indie band's fractured...2005-11-07
Genre: Jazz; Lead Performers: Cyrus Chestnut, James Carter; Producer (group): Brown Brothers
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- iHeart Radio Music Awards 2015: And the winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!