Gold Sounds expands the jazz canon beyond Tin Pan Alley standards to…Pavement. It turns out the legendary indie band’s fractured slacker rock makes for some surprisingly good instrumental cover material. Led by the renowned James Carter’s fearless saxophone blowing, this quartet of veteran players uncovers an unexpected soulful tinge beneath Pavement’s fuzzed-out absurdities, turning their ”Summer Babe” into a gospel-jazz vamp and ”Trigger Cut” into an appealingly bouncy bebop piano piece.
Gold Sounds Gold Sounds expands the jazz canon beyond Tin Pan Alley standards to...Pavement. It turns out the legendary indie band's fractured...Gold SoundsJazz Gold Sounds expands the jazz canon beyond Tin Pan Alley standards to...Pavement. It turns out the legendary indie band's fractured...2005-11-07
Genre: Jazz; Lead Performers: Cyrus Chestnut, James Carter; Producer (group): Brown Brothers
Posted November 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!