Inspired by an old compilation of ’60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar virtuosos for Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005, a collection of meditative string-picking and hypnotic blues-drone explorations. John Fahey is the biggest name, though Rosenthal also dug up tracks from obscure players such as Max Ochs and Harry Taussig, as well as like-minded new-school artists like Jack Rose and Kaki King.
Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005 Inspired by an old compilation of '60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar...Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005Folk Inspired by an old compilation of '60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar...2005-11-07
(John Fahey: Dean Belcher/Retna UK)
Genre: Folk; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Tompkins Square
Posted November 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: M. Night Shyamalan's new supernatural thriller adds four actors
- 'Chicago Fire' recap: 'Let it Burn'
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Pig Out'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' EP to produce 'Famous in Love' drama pilot starring Bella Thorne
- 'Arrow' actor Neal McDonough on bringing megalomaniac Damien Darhk to life
- Lamar Odom hospitalized in Las Vegas after he was found unconscious at brothel
- E! is going to spin off 'Botched'
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6