Inspired by an old compilation of ’60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar virtuosos for Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005, a collection of meditative string-picking and hypnotic blues-drone explorations. John Fahey is the biggest name, though Rosenthal also dug up tracks from obscure players such as Max Ochs and Harry Taussig, as well as like-minded new-school artists like Jack Rose and Kaki King.
Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005 Inspired by an old compilation of '60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar...Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005Folk Inspired by an old compilation of '60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar...2005-11-07
(John Fahey: Dean Belcher/Retna UK)
Genre: Folk; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Tompkins Square
Posted November 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fox News says Kendrick Lamar's BET performance incites violence
- Amy Schumer talked to Jon Stewart about 'The Daily Show' before saying no
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!