Inspired by an old compilation of ’60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar virtuosos for Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005, a collection of meditative string-picking and hypnotic blues-drone explorations. John Fahey is the biggest name, though Rosenthal also dug up tracks from obscure players such as Max Ochs and Harry Taussig, as well as like-minded new-school artists like Jack Rose and Kaki King.
Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005 Inspired by an old compilation of '60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar...Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005Folk Inspired by an old compilation of '60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar...2005-11-07
(John Fahey: Dean Belcher/Retna UK)
Genre: Folk; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Tompkins Square
Posted November 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!