Inspired by an old compilation of ’60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar virtuosos for Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005, a collection of meditative string-picking and hypnotic blues-drone explorations. John Fahey is the biggest name, though Rosenthal also dug up tracks from obscure players such as Max Ochs and Harry Taussig, as well as like-minded new-school artists like Jack Rose and Kaki King.
Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005 Inspired by an old compilation of '60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar...Imaginational Anthem: 1965-2005Folk Inspired by an old compilation of '60s acoustic-guitar eccentrics, former Sony exec Josh Rosenthal has gathered two generations of fringe guitar...2005-11-07
(John Fahey: Dean Belcher/Retna UK)
Genre: Folk; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Tompkins Square
Posted November 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Bill Nye read mean tweets about himself
- 'Days of Our Lives' exclusive: 50th anniversary to feature a killer twist
- Cara Delevingne laughs off that awkward 'Paper Towns' interview on Instagram
- Bruce Springsteen was the surprise guest at U2's latest concert
- What are the critics saying about 'Rogue Nation'?
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: What did you think?
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Michael & Kate, Michelle Rodriguez, Joss Stone and More!