In conjunction with the Nov. 22 release of the DVD set of Seasons 5 and 6 of Seinfeld, the woman behind one of the set’s most memorable episodes, the one with The Puffy Shirt, is coming forward. Talking to USA Today, costume designer Charmaine Simmons dishes the dirt behind the shirt, describing how it evolved from her memory of a shirt she hated as a teen into an artifact of memorabilia on display at the Smithsonian. She also drops the frightening suggestion that the garment might actually be in style now, given Kate Moss’ recent photo spread modeling a similar shirt. Insert your own joke about the supermodel’s recent drug woes here.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Justin Timberlake thanks mom, wife, and everyone who called him 'different' accepting iHeart Radio's Innovator Award
- AMC releases first promo for 'Fear the Walking Dead'
- 'Once Upon a Time' reveals what happened to Maleficent's child
- iHeart Radio Music Awards 2015: And the winners are...
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!