In conjunction with the Nov. 22 release of the DVD set of Seasons 5 and 6 of Seinfeld, the woman behind one of the set’s most memorable episodes, the one with The Puffy Shirt, is coming forward. Talking to USA Today, costume designer Charmaine Simmons dishes the dirt behind the shirt, describing how it evolved from her memory of a shirt she hated as a teen into an artifact of memorabilia on display at the Smithsonian. She also drops the frightening suggestion that the garment might actually be in style now, given Kate Moss’ recent photo spread modeling a similar shirt. Insert your own joke about the supermodel’s recent drug woes here.
Posted November 8 2005 — 9:20 PM EST
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's biggest surprises
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit