In conjunction with the Nov. 22 release of the DVD set of Seasons 5 and 6 of Seinfeld, the woman behind one of the set’s most memorable episodes, the one with The Puffy Shirt, is coming forward. Talking to USA Today, costume designer Charmaine Simmons dishes the dirt behind the shirt, describing how it evolved from her memory of a shirt she hated as a teen into an artifact of memorabilia on display at the Smithsonian. She also drops the frightening suggestion that the garment might actually be in style now, given Kate Moss’ recent photo spread modeling a similar shirt. Insert your own joke about the supermodel’s recent drug woes here.
Posted November 8 2005 — 9:20 PM EST
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!