In conjunction with the Nov. 22 release of the DVD set of Seasons 5 and 6 of Seinfeld, the woman behind one of the set’s most memorable episodes, the one with The Puffy Shirt, is coming forward. Talking to USA Today, costume designer Charmaine Simmons dishes the dirt behind the shirt, describing how it evolved from her memory of a shirt she hated as a teen into an artifact of memorabilia on display at the Smithsonian. She also drops the frightening suggestion that the garment might actually be in style now, given Kate Moss’ recent photo spread modeling a similar shirt. Insert your own joke about the supermodel’s recent drug woes here.
Posted November 8 2005 — 9:20 PM EST
- Anthony Geary may return to 'General Hospital' if 'story is interesting'
- See the first trailer for Michael Bay's Benghazi movie
- Did 'Scream' just reveal the killer?
- Cindy Crawford is developing NBC series about fashion in the '80s
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- 'Empire' creator goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Ellie Kemper, Matthew Fox, The VS Angels & More!