In conjunction with the Nov. 22 release of the DVD set of Seasons 5 and 6 of Seinfeld, the woman behind one of the set’s most memorable episodes, the one with The Puffy Shirt, is coming forward. Talking to USA Today, costume designer Charmaine Simmons dishes the dirt behind the shirt, describing how it evolved from her memory of a shirt she hated as a teen into an artifact of memorabilia on display at the Smithsonian. She also drops the frightening suggestion that the garment might actually be in style now, given Kate Moss’ recent photo spread modeling a similar shirt. Insert your own joke about the supermodel’s recent drug woes here.
Posted November 8 2005 — 9:20 PM EST
- 'Arrow' boss teases big reveals in winter finale
- 'A Series of Unfortunate Events': Netflix releases new trailer
- Best of 2016: 'Bates Motel' composer on scoring that major death scene
- 'This Is Us' creator says Christmas episode has 'dramatic, life-and-death weight'
- Matt Damon defends 'The Great Wall' casting amid whitewashing claims
- Oakland warehouse manager refuses to answer questions on 'TODAY'
- Bloody poster for thriller 'Raw' asks, 'What are you hungry for?'
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans