Has the Okie from Muskogee gone radical on us? Not quite: Although with Chicago Wind Merle Haggard rails against the Iraq war in ”Rebuild America First,” ”Where’s All the Freedom” seems to argue against the separation of church and state. In other words, Haggard’s politics are as confused as ever. What is crystal clear is that the 68-year-old country deity has lost none of his vocal mastery; ”White Man Singin’ the Blues” and the steady-rolling title song prove that while he may have decades of hard living scored upon his face, his voice remains smooth and unruffled.
Chicago Wind Has the Okie from Muskogee gone radical on us? Not quite: Although with Chicago Wind Merle Haggard rails against the Iraq war in '...Chicago WindCountry Has the Okie from Muskogee gone radical on us? Not quite: Although with Chicago Wind Merle Haggard rails against the Iraq war in '...2005-11-14
Genre: Country; Lead Performer: Merle Haggard; Producer (group): Capitol
Posted November 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC to release music to streaming services, including Apple Music
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- Big Sean's 'Play No Games' video is a spot-on parody of 'Martin'
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!