First Disc of Patti Smith’s Horses/Horses: The anarchy-in-the-U.S. 1975 debut that announced the arrival of both Smith and the budding American punk scene. Bonus Disc: A new, in-concert reprise of the album taped this summer. A risky proposition, especially 30 years after the fact, but Smith is still remarkably fierce — she’s a voodoo adult, not child, at this point — and the album now feels like an incantation. Still the unapologetic old-school boho poet, she sounds more than ever like her hero, Dylan — even slipping a putdown of BlackBerrys and cell phones into ”Land.”
Horses/Horses First Disc of Patti Smith's Horses/Horses: The anarchy-in-the-U.S. 1975 debut that announced the arrival of both Smith and the budding...Horses/HorsesRock First Disc of Patti Smith's Horses/Horses: The anarchy-in-the-U.S. 1975 debut that announced the arrival of both Smith and the budding...2005-11-14
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Patti Smith
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!