First Disc of Patti Smith’s Horses/Horses: The anarchy-in-the-U.S. 1975 debut that announced the arrival of both Smith and the budding American punk scene. Bonus Disc: A new, in-concert reprise of the album taped this summer. A risky proposition, especially 30 years after the fact, but Smith is still remarkably fierce — she’s a voodoo adult, not child, at this point — and the album now feels like an incantation. Still the unapologetic old-school boho poet, she sounds more than ever like her hero, Dylan — even slipping a putdown of BlackBerrys and cell phones into ”Land.”
Horses/Horses First Disc of Patti Smith's Horses/Horses: The anarchy-in-the-U.S. 1975 debut that announced the arrival of both Smith and the budding...Horses/HorsesRock First Disc of Patti Smith's Horses/Horses: The anarchy-in-the-U.S. 1975 debut that announced the arrival of both Smith and the budding...2005-11-14
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Patti Smith
Posted November 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!