First Disc of Patti Smith’s Horses/Horses: The anarchy-in-the-U.S. 1975 debut that announced the arrival of both Smith and the budding American punk scene. Bonus Disc: A new, in-concert reprise of the album taped this summer. A risky proposition, especially 30 years after the fact, but Smith is still remarkably fierce — she’s a voodoo adult, not child, at this point — and the album now feels like an incantation. Still the unapologetic old-school boho poet, she sounds more than ever like her hero, Dylan — even slipping a putdown of BlackBerrys and cell phones into ”Land.”
Horses/Horses First Disc of Patti Smith's Horses/Horses: The anarchy-in-the-U.S. 1975 debut that announced the arrival of both Smith and the budding...Horses/HorsesRock First Disc of Patti Smith's Horses/Horses: The anarchy-in-the-U.S. 1975 debut that announced the arrival of both Smith and the budding...2005-11-14
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Patti Smith
Posted November 14 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- WATCH: 'Stranger Things' star enters 'Charnel House' in exclusive clip
- Look who's going to the chapel on 'Last Man Standing'
- 'Toy Story 4' delayed by Pixar, 'Incredibles 2' takes its date
- President Obama to appear on 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee'
- The CW unveils its holiday specials lineup
- 'Two and a Half Men' star Angus T. Jones: 'I got pretty doomsday'
- 'The Flash' first look: Time to meet Caitlin Snow's mom!
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers