Mr. Roarke (Ricardo Montalban) started off deliciously dark, using his mysterious island to fulfill others’ fantasies, like, Let me relive the WWII romance that ended with me strangling my lover, and, I’m a famous hunter, try to kill me. But ABC wanted ”lighter,” which is what we get with Fantasy Island: The Complete First Season. Fortunately, Roarke and his horndog assistant Tattoo (Herve Villechaize) were equally charming handling two working girls eager to be jet-setters and a bumbling wannabe private eye (Don Knotts). Two EXTRAS with roughly two interesting moments: Exec producer Leonard Goldberg reveals the origin of the show (sitting in a development meeting with ABC execs, he admitted, ”I’d rather be on an island with Charlie’s Angels,” and they wondered how many people harbored such fantasies), and writer Ron Friedman speaks candidly about the series’ famous guest stars: ”There were many surprises with people that I thought could not act if somebody had a gun to their head” — he doesn’t name names — ”and they delivered terrific performances.”
Posted November 15 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!