One of TV’s most consistently irreverent and heartwarming shows gets sharper still in Scrubs: The Complete Second Season, as the Sacred Heart staff encounters more pratfalls, pricks, and personal strife. What other series boasts an a cappella version of the Charles in Charge theme, a character named Johnny the Tackling Alzheimer’s Patient, and an object of affection known as T.C.W. (Tasty Coma Wife)? And the stunt casting of Heather Locklear, Rick Schroder, and David Copperfield (in a hilarious geek fantasy) is downright inspired. EXTRAS The making-of looks suspiciously like leftover footage from the season 1 DVD outing. But ”Imagination Gone Wild” (fantasy sequences mapped out) and ”Secrets and Lies” (on-set jokes revealed) are good, quirky fun. In the commentaries, we learn that Braff is obsessed with his hair, Ken Jenkins (cranky chief of staff Bob Kelso) doesn’t understand half the one-liners he delivers, and there are economic advantages to filming a morgue scene (”You can get corpses for so cheap these days,” Braff explains).
Posted November 15 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters