Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004’s False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent Evan Brice, an ex-lover who ran away and married her best friend, Cissy. After a bit of good ol’ gumshoe work, Tucker finds that some Tinseltown tigers never change their stripes and that Evan’s cheating ways may have caught up with him. While the plot feels as predictable as a Murder, She Wrote rerun, Patricia Smiley saves Cover Your Assets with lively prose (”a leather jacket that looked as though it had come from some baby bovine on its way to veal scaloppine”).
Cover Your Assets Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004's False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent...Cover Your AssetsFiction, Mystery and ThrillerPatricia Smiley Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004's False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent...2005-11-16Mysterious Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Patricia Smiley; Publisher: Mysterious Press
Posted November 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels