Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004’s False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent Evan Brice, an ex-lover who ran away and married her best friend, Cissy. After a bit of good ol’ gumshoe work, Tucker finds that some Tinseltown tigers never change their stripes and that Evan’s cheating ways may have caught up with him. While the plot feels as predictable as a Murder, She Wrote rerun, Patricia Smiley saves Cover Your Assets with lively prose (”a leather jacket that looked as though it had come from some baby bovine on its way to veal scaloppine”).
Cover Your Assets Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004's False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent...Cover Your AssetsFiction, Mystery and ThrillerPatricia Smiley Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004's False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent...2005-11-16Mysterious Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Patricia Smiley; Publisher: Mysterious Press
Posted November 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Neil Young pulls music from streaming services
- Alec Baldwin auditioned to play Henry Hill in 'Goodfellas'
- Jason Sudeikis to star in really unique Fox comedy project
- Meet Stone Crandall, Chris Hemsworth's well-endowed hunk in 'Vacation'
- Exclusive photos and intel on new characters from season 6 of ‘The Walking Dead'
- 'CSI' casts 'Faking It' star Katie Stevens for finale
- Christina Applegate on turning down 'Legally Blonde': 'What a stupid move'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!