Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004’s False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent Evan Brice, an ex-lover who ran away and married her best friend, Cissy. After a bit of good ol’ gumshoe work, Tucker finds that some Tinseltown tigers never change their stripes and that Evan’s cheating ways may have caught up with him. While the plot feels as predictable as a Murder, She Wrote rerun, Patricia Smiley saves Cover Your Assets with lively prose (”a leather jacket that looked as though it had come from some baby bovine on its way to veal scaloppine”).
Cover Your Assets Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004's False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent...Cover Your AssetsFiction, Mystery and ThrillerPatricia Smiley Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004's False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent...2005-11-16Mysterious Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Patricia Smiley; Publisher: Mysterious Press
Posted November 16 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ghostbusters' Leslie Jones celebrates birthday with special Ecto-1 cake
- Tyler Perry shares touching tribute from Bobbi Kristina Brown's funeral
- See Hugh Jackman bring back the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- See Beyoncé birthday wishes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Blue Ivy, and more
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!