Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004’s False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent Evan Brice, an ex-lover who ran away and married her best friend, Cissy. After a bit of good ol’ gumshoe work, Tucker finds that some Tinseltown tigers never change their stripes and that Evan’s cheating ways may have caught up with him. While the plot feels as predictable as a Murder, She Wrote rerun, Patricia Smiley saves Cover Your Assets with lively prose (”a leather jacket that looked as though it had come from some baby bovine on its way to veal scaloppine”).
Cover Your Assets Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004's False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent...Cover Your AssetsFiction, Mystery and ThrillerPatricia Smiley Tucker Sinclair, the management consultant-turned-sleuth introduced in 2004's False Profits, snoops around the death of Hollywood talent agent...2005-11-16Mysterious Press
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Patricia Smiley; Publisher: Mysterious Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'New Yorker' editor David Remnick defends Lena Dunham's 'dog or Jewish boyfriend' piece
- WWE Studios boss talks Gene Simmons horror movie deal: 'Expect the unexpected'
- Ready Player One author reacts to Spielberg movie news: 'It feels like a dream'
- Steve Taylor & The Perfect Foil take us to the roller disco with their 'Moonshot' video -- exclusive
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Which character has the worst luck?
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- Q&A: J.K. Rowling bibliographer Philip W. Errington tells us even more Harry Potter secrets
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!