Rumor of the day: According to New York Daily News gossip columnists Rush & Molloy (third item), the makers of the upcoming Dreamgirls movie have cast a star of the third season of American Idol in the key role of Effie, but it’s Jennifer Hudson, not Fantasia. Ms. Barrino had the support of some big names, including the already-cast Jamie Foxx, but the Daily News quotes Hudson as saying, ”They said they wanted me. They said I was born for this.” Just for the record, I called this one six months ago. And I am telling you, I am not gloating.
Posted November 16 2005 — 2:26 PM EST
- 'Lizzie Maguire,' 'Hannah Montana,' 'That's So Raven' returning to TV
- 11 excellent new books to read in May
- 'Bone Tomahawk' director to reboot 'Puppet Master' franchise
- What time are the Tony nominations?
- 'Space Jam' sequel with LeBron James, Justin Lin in development
- 'Ghostbusters': The most scrutinized movie of the summer?
- Kesha thanks Lady Gaga and fans in emotional Instagram post
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour