Rumor of the day: According to New York Daily News gossip columnists Rush & Molloy (third item), the makers of the upcoming Dreamgirls movie have cast a star of the third season of American Idol in the key role of Effie, but it’s Jennifer Hudson, not Fantasia. Ms. Barrino had the support of some big names, including the already-cast Jamie Foxx, but the Daily News quotes Hudson as saying, ”They said they wanted me. They said I was born for this.” Just for the record, I called this one six months ago. And I am telling you, I am not gloating.
Posted November 16 2005 — 2:26 PM EST
- Adele adds two more shows to '25' tour
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' cast plays two truths and a lie
- 'Guardians Vol. 2': James Gunn shares first look at the Ravagers
- 'One Tree Hill' cast sings theme song at karaoke-filled reunion
- 'SNL' alum Mike O'Brien opens up about cancer scare
- Lena Dunham, 'OITNB' stars support Hillary Clinton in new video
- Wale throws a pool party at a mansion in new 'My PYT' music video
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'