Danny DeVito is taking his first regular TV series role since Taxi, appearing on all 10 episodes of the Season 2 of FX’s sitcom It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia next summer. His role, as a retiree who moves back to Philly to spend more time with his kids, sounds like an easy gig, one that will require no more thatn two weeks of work. (Meanwhile, his poor Taxi colleague Christopher Lloyd is stuck on Stacked.) No doubt Tony Danza is already saving a spot on his daytime talk show for DeVito to come by and plug the series.
Posted November 17 2005 — 2:19 PM EST
- Munich Film Festival to honor Alexander Payne with retrospective
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!