In the world of Adam Carolla, there are far more pressing things to talk about than his imminent takeover for Howard Stern on the West Coast (happening Jan. 3) — like when and where to use R-13 versus R-19 insulation. See, construction — not Hooters waitresses — is the ex-Man Show host’s first passion, which is why he feels so at home on TLC’s The Adam Carolla Project (Tuesdays, 10 p.m.). Of course, he is at home: The show has him and his friends renovating his childhood house. ”I’m not some poser with this stuff,” insists Carolla, who used to pound nails for a living. But don’t call him handy. ”Being called a handyman is an insult to me. I’m a journeyman,” he says. ”A handyman takes out a broken lightbulb with half of a potato. I build houses.” All right, then…journeyman Adam Carolla also hosts a Comedy Central talk show, Too Late With Adam Carolla (Mondays-Thursdays, 12 a.m.), and he’s taking over Stern’s high-profile berth on Infinity Radio. ”It doesn’t feel daunting to me. I’m not sure why,” says Carolla, who promises his show won’t be much different from Stern’s. ”All I’m trying to accomplish in life is getting a paycheck and putting out a decent product. I’m not trying to get on the cover of tabloids or get mobbed at the mall.”
Posted November 18 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Preview John Arcudi's new prison murder mystery comic, 'Dead Inside'
- Shailene Woodley speaks out on Dakota Access Pipeline protest arrest
- Michael J. Fox still isn't sure how the science works in 'BTTF'
- #TrumpBookReport tweets trend after presidential debate
- Blink-182 recreate 'What's My Age Again?' clip with Adam Devine
- Bruce Springsteen wrote a song for 'Harry Potter' that was never used
- GLAAD celebrates Spirit Day with new 'Fun Home'-inspired music video