”It’s an OutKast album in visual form,” says Antwan Patton (a.k.a. Big Boi) of Idlewild, a 1930s-set musical in which he and cohort André (3000) Benjamin star as jazzmen. Written and directed by music-video vet Bryan Barber, Idlewild (due 2006) also features Terrence Howard as a gangster muscling in on Big Boi’s juke joint. How did OutKast enjoy acting while writing and performing the tunes? Benjamin sums it up: ”All I can say is: madness.”
Posted November 18 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!