”It’s an OutKast album in visual form,” says Antwan Patton (a.k.a. Big Boi) of Idlewild, a 1930s-set musical in which he and cohort André (3000) Benjamin star as jazzmen. Written and directed by music-video vet Bryan Barber, Idlewild (due 2006) also features Terrence Howard as a gangster muscling in on Big Boi’s juke joint. How did OutKast enjoy acting while writing and performing the tunes? Benjamin sums it up: ”All I can say is: madness.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis: Now (Tribeca), then ('SNL'), future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!