”It’s an OutKast album in visual form,” says Antwan Patton (a.k.a. Big Boi) of Idlewild, a 1930s-set musical in which he and cohort André (3000) Benjamin star as jazzmen. Written and directed by music-video vet Bryan Barber, Idlewild (due 2006) also features Terrence Howard as a gangster muscling in on Big Boi’s juke joint. How did OutKast enjoy acting while writing and performing the tunes? Benjamin sums it up: ”All I can say is: madness.”
Posted November 18 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!