”It’s an OutKast album in visual form,” says Antwan Patton (a.k.a. Big Boi) of Idlewild, a 1930s-set musical in which he and cohort André (3000) Benjamin star as jazzmen. Written and directed by music-video vet Bryan Barber, Idlewild (due 2006) also features Terrence Howard as a gangster muscling in on Big Boi’s juke joint. How did OutKast enjoy acting while writing and performing the tunes? Benjamin sums it up: ”All I can say is: madness.”
Posted November 18 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'