”It’s an OutKast album in visual form,” says Antwan Patton (a.k.a. Big Boi) of Idlewild, a 1930s-set musical in which he and cohort André (3000) Benjamin star as jazzmen. Written and directed by music-video vet Bryan Barber, Idlewild (due 2006) also features Terrence Howard as a gangster muscling in on Big Boi’s juke joint. How did OutKast enjoy acting while writing and performing the tunes? Benjamin sums it up: ”All I can say is: madness.”
Posted November 18 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Wendy Williams scores new red-carpet commentary series
- The Struts premiere 'Kiss This' video featuring tour footage
- Dead & Company announce summer tour
- Super Bowl 50 scores second-biggest early TV ratings ever
- Megyn Kelly on her issue with the word 'feminist'
- The 17 most essential 1970s love songs
- Nominated for Nothing: 'Beasts of No Nation'