Now in its third season on ABC, America’s favorite Sunday Night Catharsis has swollen so huge it threatens to block out the sun — witness the recent ep about a single mom raising seven adopted kids coping with spina bifida, fetal alcohol syndrome, and leglessness. But in the beginning — and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Season 1 is the beginning — this was just a Trading Spaces-inspired home remodeling show centered around frequently shirtless Sears spokesman Ty Pennington, his team of telegenic, pissy designers, and their (often actual) fight to finish the house in seven days. The EXTRAS are cute but sparse — an endearing blooper reel and a making-of documentary that recycles a bit too much footage — so the real bonus here is the ability to actually pinpoint the moment when all the crying, hugging, and thanking the network kicked in. Sweet Alice, we blame you.
Posted November 22 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'AHS: Hotel' teasers: What do they mean?
- One Direction break six 2016 Guinness World Records
- See an exclusive poster and trailer for thriller 'Partisan'
- 'Scandal's' Huck and Quinn have some dark plans for Gonzo in 'Muppets' teaser
- Bette Midler wants to play Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence’s mom
- El-P on 'Meow the Jewels': 'Let's fight injustice with pure, annoying stupidity'
- Demi Lovato, The Weeknd announced as 'SNL' musical guests
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!