A McSweeney-ish update of Pliny’s classic. Sample Verse ”You can’t buy the tears that adorn my eyes/on eBay or in the diamond district. Those/bruises on you aren’t temporary henna tattoos.” Token Topical Poem In ”Four Horaces”: ”…there is no shelter/when the tower falls and the little city surrounding/ cries ‘Eek!’ and they start unzipping body bags pronto.” Bottom Line Despite occasional hipster indulgences, Dan Chiasson can connect in Natural History with dazzlers like ”Which Species on Earth Is Saddest?”
Natural History A McSweeney-ish update of Pliny's classic. Sample Verse ''You can't buy the tears that adorn my eyes/on eBay or in the diamond...Natural HistoryNonfiction, PoetryDan Chiasson A McSweeney-ish update of Pliny's classic. Sample Verse ''You can't buy the tears that adorn my eyes/on eBay or in the diamond...2005-11-23Knopf
Genre: Nonfiction, Poetry; Author: Dan Chiasson; Publisher: Knopf
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!