A McSweeney-ish update of Pliny’s classic. Sample Verse ”You can’t buy the tears that adorn my eyes/on eBay or in the diamond district. Those/bruises on you aren’t temporary henna tattoos.” Token Topical Poem In ”Four Horaces”: ”…there is no shelter/when the tower falls and the little city surrounding/ cries ‘Eek!’ and they start unzipping body bags pronto.” Bottom Line Despite occasional hipster indulgences, Dan Chiasson can connect in Natural History with dazzlers like ”Which Species on Earth Is Saddest?”
Natural History A McSweeney-ish update of Pliny's classic. Sample Verse ''You can't buy the tears that adorn my eyes/on eBay or in the diamond...Natural HistoryNonfiction, PoetryDan Chiasson A McSweeney-ish update of Pliny's classic. Sample Verse ''You can't buy the tears that adorn my eyes/on eBay or in the diamond...2005-11-23Knopf
Genre: Nonfiction, Poetry; Author: Dan Chiasson; Publisher: Knopf
Posted November 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ron Howard turned down directing 'The Phantom Menace'
- 'The Man in the High Castle' postmortem: Episode 4, 'Revelations'
- See Adele perform 'Million Years Ago' on 'Today'
- Eagles of Death Metal's touring drummer shares statement about Paris attack
- 'Star Wars Battlefront's Battle of Jakku DLC introducing new game mode, maps
- President Obama got 'all verklempt' while thinking about Barbra Streisand's advocacy
- Jennifer Lawrence has plans to direct her first movie
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year
- EW's 2015 Entertainers of the Year
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the 'Star Wars' Obsessive