More erudite, head-scratching verse from the dean of American poets in Where Shall I Wander. Sample Verse ”A lifeboat almost swamped by shrugs, your famous kisser/now floats over all American cities like a drapeau.” Token Topical Poem From ”Capital O”: ”…let there be more commotion/less avian flu.” Bottom Line John Ashbery’s oeuvre is not unlike Paris Hilton’s: To tease concrete meaning out of it can lead to frustration. But he’s much, much smarter, and you often get swept up in his stream of wordplay and imagery.
Where Shall I Wander More erudite, head-scratching verse from the dean of American poets in Where Shall I Wander. Sample Verse ''A...Where Shall I WanderNonfiction, PoetryJohn Ashbery More erudite, head-scratching verse from the dean of American poets in Where Shall I Wander. Sample Verse ''A...2005-11-23Ecco Press
Genre: Nonfiction, Poetry; Author: John Ashbery; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted November 23 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Zachary Levi will replace Josh Radnor on Broadway
- 'Madam Secretary': Eric Stoltz to play Téa Leoni's brother
- Shondaland stars throw wine at each other in new TGIT promos
- See Chloe Moretz in the first trailer for 'The 5th Wave'
- New 'AHS: Hotel' teasers: What do they mean?
- One Direction break six 2016 Guinness World Records
- See an exclusive poster and trailer for thriller 'Partisan'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!