More erudite, head-scratching verse from the dean of American poets in Where Shall I Wander. Sample Verse ”A lifeboat almost swamped by shrugs, your famous kisser/now floats over all American cities like a drapeau.” Token Topical Poem From ”Capital O”: ”…let there be more commotion/less avian flu.” Bottom Line John Ashbery’s oeuvre is not unlike Paris Hilton’s: To tease concrete meaning out of it can lead to frustration. But he’s much, much smarter, and you often get swept up in his stream of wordplay and imagery.
Where Shall I Wander More erudite, head-scratching verse from the dean of American poets in Where Shall I Wander. Sample Verse ''A...Where Shall I WanderNonfiction, PoetryJohn Ashbery More erudite, head-scratching verse from the dean of American poets in Where Shall I Wander. Sample Verse ''A...2005-11-23Ecco Press
Genre: Nonfiction, Poetry; Author: John Ashbery; Publisher: Ecco Press
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Angelina Jolie at Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!