Electric guitarist James ”Blood” Ulmer, a veteran of Ornette Coleman’s landmark fusion outfit Prime Time, is one of jazz’s great progressives. Recent releases have foregrounded his gruff singing rather than his guitar journeys. Back in Time revives his powerhouse guitar/violin/drums trio from 1983’s Odyssey for some barbed, lyrical, mostly instrumental blues-funk jams that get far-out, but never lose the groove.
Back in Time Electric guitarist James ''Blood'' Ulmer, a veteran of Ornette Coleman's landmark fusion outfit Prime Time, is one of jazz's great progressives. ...Back in TimeJazz Electric guitarist James ''Blood'' Ulmer, a veteran of Ornette Coleman's landmark fusion outfit Prime Time, is one of jazz's great progressives. ...2005-11-25
Genre: Jazz; Producer (group): PI Recordings
Posted November 25 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Peta Murgatroyd to skip season due to injury
- Jack Black wants to tell you a story in the new 'Goosebumps' trailer
- Wes Craven's 5 most terrifying scenes
- Andrew Garfield compares making 'Spider-Man' movies to 'canning Coke'
- 'Under the Dome' will end this season
- Maisie Williams accepts Guinness World Record on behalf of 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Gotham' sneak peek: Barbara and Jerome cross paths in Arkham
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Reese Witherspoon, Aziz Ansari, Brooks & Julianne and More!