In reenvisioning Truman Capote’s 1959 sojourn in Holcomb, Kan. with Capote in Kansas, covering the murders of the Clutter family — which led to his celebrated nonfiction novel, In Cold Blood — creators Ande Parks and Chris Samnee make several odd choices. One is sacrificing Capote’s acerbic wit in exchange for his touchy-feely relationship with the teen ghost of Nancy Clutter. The other: drawing Capote so he looks like a cross between Harry Truman and Bobby from King of the Hill.
Capote In Kansas In reenvisioning Truman Capote's 1959 sojourn in Holcomb, Kan. with Capote in Kansas, covering the murders of the Clutter family &...Capote In KansasFictionAnde Parks In reenvisioning Truman Capote's 1959 sojourn in Holcomb, Kan. with Capote in Kansas, covering the murders of the Clutter family &...2005-11-25Oni
Genre: Fiction; Author: Ande Parks; Publisher: Oni
Posted November 25 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Miguel: How Prince, sex and late-nights in L.A. inspired his killer new album
- Britney Spears recreates 'Oops' cover with kids
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!