In reenvisioning Truman Capote’s 1959 sojourn in Holcomb, Kan. with Capote in Kansas, covering the murders of the Clutter family — which led to his celebrated nonfiction novel, In Cold Blood — creators Ande Parks and Chris Samnee make several odd choices. One is sacrificing Capote’s acerbic wit in exchange for his touchy-feely relationship with the teen ghost of Nancy Clutter. The other: drawing Capote so he looks like a cross between Harry Truman and Bobby from King of the Hill.
Capote In Kansas In reenvisioning Truman Capote's 1959 sojourn in Holcomb, Kan. with Capote in Kansas, covering the murders of the Clutter family &...Capote In KansasFictionAnde Parks In reenvisioning Truman Capote's 1959 sojourn in Holcomb, Kan. with Capote in Kansas, covering the murders of the Clutter family &...2005-11-25Oni
Genre: Fiction; Author: Ande Parks; Publisher: Oni
Posted November 25 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses reveal who those new guys AREN'T
- Man builds a tiny Jurassic Park for his pet tortoise
- Universal schedules third monster movie for Presidents Day 2019
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston have a dance-off at the Met Gala
- 'Scandal': How Kerry Washington's pregnancy could affect the show
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast