Chris Brown’s debut single, ”Run It,” is a Xerox of Usher’s ”Yeah,” but don’t come down on him too hard; he’s only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a whole lot worse than this Virginian’s self-titled Chris Brown, which matches his florid voice with puppy-love ballads (”Young Love”), mall-cruising party cuts (”So Glad”), and some icky baby-faced leering. Perfect for the homecoming dance, but you’ll need a chaperone.
Chris Brown Chris Brown's debut single, ''Run It,'' is a Xerox of Usher's ''Yeah,'' but don't come down on him too hard; he's only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a...Chris BrownHip-Hop/Rap Chris Brown's debut single, ''Run It,'' is a Xerox of Usher's ''Yeah,'' but don't come down on him too hard; he's only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a...2005-11-25
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Chris Brown; Producer (group): Jive Records
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' react: A modest proposal
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!