Chris Brown’s debut single, ”Run It,” is a Xerox of Usher’s ”Yeah,” but don’t come down on him too hard; he’s only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a whole lot worse than this Virginian’s self-titled Chris Brown, which matches his florid voice with puppy-love ballads (”Young Love”), mall-cruising party cuts (”So Glad”), and some icky baby-faced leering. Perfect for the homecoming dance, but you’ll need a chaperone.
Chris Brown Chris Brown's debut single, ''Run It,'' is a Xerox of Usher's ''Yeah,'' but don't come down on him too hard; he's only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a...Chris BrownHip-Hop/Rap Chris Brown's debut single, ''Run It,'' is a Xerox of Usher's ''Yeah,'' but don't come down on him too hard; he's only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a...2005-11-25
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Chris Brown; Producer (group): Jive Records
Posted November 25 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Turn' exclusive sneak peek: George Washington greets the famous Frenchman, Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian': First Look
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!