Chris Brown’s debut single, ”Run It,” is a Xerox of Usher’s ”Yeah,” but don’t come down on him too hard; he’s only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a whole lot worse than this Virginian’s self-titled Chris Brown, which matches his florid voice with puppy-love ballads (”Young Love”), mall-cruising party cuts (”So Glad”), and some icky baby-faced leering. Perfect for the homecoming dance, but you’ll need a chaperone.
Chris Brown Chris Brown's debut single, ''Run It,'' is a Xerox of Usher's ''Yeah,'' but don't come down on him too hard; he's only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a...Chris BrownHip-Hop/Rap Chris Brown's debut single, ''Run It,'' is a Xerox of Usher's ''Yeah,'' but don't come down on him too hard; he's only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a...2005-11-25
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Chris Brown; Producer (group): Jive Records
Posted November 25 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!