Chris Brown’s debut single, ”Run It,” is a Xerox of Usher’s ”Yeah,” but don’t come down on him too hard; he’s only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a whole lot worse than this Virginian’s self-titled Chris Brown, which matches his florid voice with puppy-love ballads (”Young Love”), mall-cruising party cuts (”So Glad”), and some icky baby-faced leering. Perfect for the homecoming dance, but you’ll need a chaperone.
Chris Brown Chris Brown's debut single, ''Run It,'' is a Xerox of Usher's ''Yeah,'' but don't come down on him too hard; he's only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a...Chris BrownHip-Hop/Rap Chris Brown's debut single, ''Run It,'' is a Xerox of Usher's ''Yeah,'' but don't come down on him too hard; he's only 16. Teenybopper R&B can be a...2005-11-25
Genre: Hip-Hop/Rap; Lead Performer: Chris Brown; Producer (group): Jive Records
Posted November 25 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!