Frankly, we’re surprised it took them this long: Last week’s South Park — in which young Stan discovered that he might be the reincarnation of Dianetics author L. Ron Hubbard, then insulted Scientology mascot Tom Cruise’s acting, causing the devastated star to hide in the closet despite many, many people (including R. Kelly) imploring him to come out of it — was so harsh it included threats of lawsuits within the episode, and every single end credit read either John or Jane Smith. Funny stuff, but we wonder how that sort of Cruise-bashing is going to go over with Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s new bosses: Paramount Pictures just inked the dudes to a three-year deal. Other people with Paramount deals? Oh, just, you know, Tom Cruise. Should be one hell of a studio Christmas party.
Posted November 25 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' boss talks the agent vs. analysts dynamic, teases next week's episode
- Josh Stamberg on going full frontal on 'The Affair': 'It's a weird day at work'
- Did the 'Fear the Walking Dead' season finale satisfy?
- See the new trailer for Martin Scorsese's HBO series, 'Vinyl'
- 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine': The 9 best lines from 'The Funeral'
- How 'Blindspot' is hiding more clues in plain sight
- Goo Goo Dolls announce 'A Boy Named Goo' 20th anniversary release