Frankly, we’re surprised it took them this long: Last week’s South Park — in which young Stan discovered that he might be the reincarnation of Dianetics author L. Ron Hubbard, then insulted Scientology mascot Tom Cruise’s acting, causing the devastated star to hide in the closet despite many, many people (including R. Kelly) imploring him to come out of it — was so harsh it included threats of lawsuits within the episode, and every single end credit read either John or Jane Smith. Funny stuff, but we wonder how that sort of Cruise-bashing is going to go over with Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s new bosses: Paramount Pictures just inked the dudes to a three-year deal. Other people with Paramount deals? Oh, just, you know, Tom Cruise. Should be one hell of a studio Christmas party.
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- See Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool... on a bearskin rug
- Julia Louis-Dreyfuss dishes about her new 'Veep' hairdo
- Matthew McConaughey to star in The Billionaire's Vinegar
- See the cover and an excerpt from E.K. Johnston's upcoming novel 'A Thousand Nights' -- exclusive
- Kat Dahlia teases 'I Think I'm In Love' video
- 'Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun previews season finale
- 'Outlander' featurette peeks at Jamie and Claire's future: 'You're tearing my guts out'
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!