This isn’t the first time Ol’ Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel’s pre-solo days. His early fumbling attempts at rock glory with old bands the Lost Souls (Nuggets rock) and Attila (ELP-esque prog-rock) are the best bits. As far as his more familiar Tin Pan back-alley approach, there are lots of barren demos of tunes like ”Piano Man,” never-released songs, and live covers of Brian Wilson, Bob Dylan, and Leonard Cohen numbers. If you love him, you need My Lives; if you like him, there’s always iTunes.
My LivesThis isn't the first time Ol' Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel's pre-solo days. His...My LivesRockThis isn't the first time Ol' Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel's pre-solo days. His...2005-11-28
(Bill Joel: Retna Ltd.)
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Billy Joel
Posted November 28 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rowland at Essence Fest previews BET series to find next great girl group
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Michael Douglas' mother dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!