This isn’t the first time Ol’ Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel’s pre-solo days. His early fumbling attempts at rock glory with old bands the Lost Souls (Nuggets rock) and Attila (ELP-esque prog-rock) are the best bits. As far as his more familiar Tin Pan back-alley approach, there are lots of barren demos of tunes like ”Piano Man,” never-released songs, and live covers of Brian Wilson, Bob Dylan, and Leonard Cohen numbers. If you love him, you need My Lives; if you like him, there’s always iTunes.
My LivesThis isn't the first time Ol' Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel's pre-solo days. His...My LivesRockThis isn't the first time Ol' Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel's pre-solo days. His...2005-11-28
(Bill Joel: Retna Ltd.)
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Billy Joel
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'Daredevil': 5 new character posters from Marvel's first Netflix show
- Eric Church, Kacey Musgraves to headline Willie Nelson's 4th of July picnic
- 'The Wiz' is NBC's next live musical, partnering with Cirque du Soleil
- 'Shadowhunters' gets series order from ABC Family
- 'Walking Dead': Its most-watched finale
- 'The Flash' boss debunks one theory
- Harvey Weinstein sexual assault claim
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!