This isn’t the first time Ol’ Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel’s pre-solo days. His early fumbling attempts at rock glory with old bands the Lost Souls (Nuggets rock) and Attila (ELP-esque prog-rock) are the best bits. As far as his more familiar Tin Pan back-alley approach, there are lots of barren demos of tunes like ”Piano Man,” never-released songs, and live covers of Brian Wilson, Bob Dylan, and Leonard Cohen numbers. If you love him, you need My Lives; if you like him, there’s always iTunes.
My LivesThis isn't the first time Ol' Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel's pre-solo days. His...My LivesRockThis isn't the first time Ol' Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel's pre-solo days. His...2005-11-28
(Bill Joel: Retna Ltd.)
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Billy Joel
Posted November 28 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!