This isn’t the first time Ol’ Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel’s pre-solo days. His early fumbling attempts at rock glory with old bands the Lost Souls (Nuggets rock) and Attila (ELP-esque prog-rock) are the best bits. As far as his more familiar Tin Pan back-alley approach, there are lots of barren demos of tunes like ”Piano Man,” never-released songs, and live covers of Brian Wilson, Bob Dylan, and Leonard Cohen numbers. If you love him, you need My Lives; if you like him, there’s always iTunes.
My LivesThis isn't the first time Ol' Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel's pre-solo days. His...My LivesRockThis isn't the first time Ol' Doe Eyes has released a career-spanning set, so why bother? Well, it goes back, way back, to Billy Joel's pre-solo days. His...2005-11-28
(Bill Joel: Retna Ltd.)
Genre: Rock; Lead Performer: Billy Joel
Posted November 28 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- 'Friends' creator: Those $1 million cast salaries were 'ridiculous'
- See a clip from Lifetime's 'The Unauthorized Full House Story'
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!