Insult-happy American Idol fans, rejoice! Simon Cowell (left) is staying put – and for quite a while. Fox announced today that both the acid-tongued judge and the show he helped turn into a ratings – and radio – juggernaut will be around for at least five more installments (counting the one that premieres this January). Apparently, Idol creator Simon Fuller decided that little copyright-infringement lawsuit against Cowell wasn’t that big a deal after all (the suit was settled quietly out of court). You know what this means, people? More Kellys, Clays, Carries, and Bos! Can you stand the excitement? I can’t. I’m already attempting to program my TiVo a half-decade in advance.
Posted November 29 2005 — 10:50 PM EST
- See the first teaser for Martin Scorsese's rock drama 'Vinyl'
- 'Destiny' is replacing Peter Dinklage with Nolan North as the voice of Ghost
- Joel McHale says no more 'Community,' but movie hopes remain
- Apple Music will stream Dr. Dre's new album before release date
- 'Legends of Tomorrow' casts immortal villain Vandal Savage
- Frank Langella sets Broadway return in 'The Father'
- Ja Rule and 50 Cent reignite their years-long feud