Insult-happy American Idol fans, rejoice! Simon Cowell (left) is staying put – and for quite a while. Fox announced today that both the acid-tongued judge and the show he helped turn into a ratings – and radio – juggernaut will be around for at least five more installments (counting the one that premieres this January). Apparently, Idol creator Simon Fuller decided that little copyright-infringement lawsuit against Cowell wasn’t that big a deal after all (the suit was settled quietly out of court). You know what this means, people? More Kellys, Clays, Carries, and Bos! Can you stand the excitement? I can’t. I’m already attempting to program my TiVo a half-decade in advance.
Posted November 29 2005 — 10:50 PM EST
- Adele adds two more shows to '25' tour
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' cast plays two truths and a lie
- 'Guardians Vol. 2': James Gunn shares first look at the Ravagers
- 'One Tree Hill' cast sings theme song at karaoke-filled reunion
- 'SNL' alum Mike O'Brien opens up about cancer scare
- Lena Dunham, 'OITNB' stars support Hillary Clinton in new video
- Wale throws a pool party at a mansion in new 'My PYT' music video
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years
- This Is What the First Lollapalooza Looked Like
- Comic-Con 2016: See Scenes From Marvel's Showcase
- Comic-Con 2016: See Portraits of Marvel Studios Stars
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 3 Panels
- Comic-Con 2016: Get Batty With the Cast of 'The Walking Dead'