Insult-happy American Idol fans, rejoice! Simon Cowell (left) is staying put – and for quite a while. Fox announced today that both the acid-tongued judge and the show he helped turn into a ratings – and radio – juggernaut will be around for at least five more installments (counting the one that premieres this January). Apparently, Idol creator Simon Fuller decided that little copyright-infringement lawsuit against Cowell wasn’t that big a deal after all (the suit was settled quietly out of court). You know what this means, people? More Kellys, Clays, Carries, and Bos! Can you stand the excitement? I can’t. I’m already attempting to program my TiVo a half-decade in advance.
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Adrianne Palicki talks 'Agents of SHIELD' and Bobbi: 'a really interesting struggle for her'
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: 'in good spirits'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!