Insult-happy American Idol fans, rejoice! Simon Cowell (left) is staying put – and for quite a while. Fox announced today that both the acid-tongued judge and the show he helped turn into a ratings – and radio – juggernaut will be around for at least five more installments (counting the one that premieres this January). Apparently, Idol creator Simon Fuller decided that little copyright-infringement lawsuit against Cowell wasn’t that big a deal after all (the suit was settled quietly out of court). You know what this means, people? More Kellys, Clays, Carries, and Bos! Can you stand the excitement? I can’t. I’m already attempting to program my TiVo a half-decade in advance.
Posted November 29 2005 — 10:50 PM EST
- How Spider-Man became the MVP of 'Captain America: Civil War'
- 'Simpsons' producer reveals live episode details
- Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth reunite to sing 'Wicked' favorite
- 'Criminal Minds' renewed for season 12
- 'Suits' season 6 premiere date set
- Watch Fifth Harmony's black-and white 'Write On Me' video
- 'Captain America: Civil War' scores $25 million from Thursday previews