Insult-happy American Idol fans, rejoice! Simon Cowell (left) is staying put – and for quite a while. Fox announced today that both the acid-tongued judge and the show he helped turn into a ratings – and radio – juggernaut will be around for at least five more installments (counting the one that premieres this January). Apparently, Idol creator Simon Fuller decided that little copyright-infringement lawsuit against Cowell wasn’t that big a deal after all (the suit was settled quietly out of court). You know what this means, people? More Kellys, Clays, Carries, and Bos! Can you stand the excitement? I can’t. I’m already attempting to program my TiVo a half-decade in advance.
Posted November 29 2005 — 10:50 PM EST
- Comic series 'The Black Hood' announces new artists
- Harrison Ford describes revisiting the 'Star Wars' character that made him a legend
- New short film shows Reagan administration's slow response to AIDS epidemic
- Richard Hatch joins 'Biggest Loser': 'Why do I want to be fat?'
- 'Deadpool' gets a bit cheeky in his newest poster
- Selena Gomez enlists the Victoria's Secret Angels for 'Hands to Myself' video
- Penelope Cruz showcases her curves in 'Zoolander 2's international trailer