In the cliché-packed conclusion of the gory trilogy that began with Road to Perdition, Max Allan Collins continues the biography of Michael Satariano. (He was Tom Hanks’ son in the 2002 film.) At 50, Michael — an upstanding family man with a ”wolf-whistle-worthy” wife and a casino job for the Mob — is framed for the murder of a barbaric Chicago loan shark. Ready to break his lifelong connection to organized crime, Michael turns state’s evidence. If you’ve ever wondered how the Witness Protection Program’s security can be breached, Road to Paradise offers one possibility. The results are grisly — an ostensibly sympathetic main character is ”slashed to ribbons” while sleeping — but what’s more appalling is how little the reader will care.
Road to Paradise In the cliché-packed conclusion of the gory trilogy that began with Road to Perdition, Max Allan Collins continues the biography of...Road to ParadiseFiction, Mystery and ThrillerMax Allan Collins In the cliché-packed conclusion of the gory trilogy that began with Road to Perdition, Max Allan Collins continues the biography of...2005-11-30William Morrow
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Max Allan Collins; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted November 30 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Idris Elba prepares child soldiers for war in 'Beasts of No Nation' trailer
- These were the best responses to our Shondaland caption contest
- Pentatonix reveal details of new album: 'We want to prove we can write'
- Misha Collins thinks Donald Trump would make a great cat circus tour assistant
- 5 steps for celebrating Beyonce's birthday
- Talking 'Star Wars' toys: Hear Finn, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma speak
- Viola Davis on the time she kissed a casting director
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!