If Michael C. Hall wants to shed the stiff-in-a-suit image he honed on Six Feet Under, a coke-snorting hornball role should help. ”Let’s play doctor!” he burbles, wagging his butt. ”My prostate hurts!” Hall’s Mr. Marmalade is the pretend pal of a tutu-clad toddler (Mamie Gummer) with an insanely overactive imagination; he’s also the quirky centerpiece of Noah Haidle’s cluttered, colorful black comedy. Haidle overdoes the eccentricity — a suicidal preschooler and talking plants? — but he doesn’t skimp on originality.
Mr. Marmalade If Michael C. Hall wants to shed the stiff-in-a-suit image he honed on Six Feet Under, a coke-snorting hornball role should help. ''Let's...Mr. MarmaladeNoah Haidle If Michael C. Hall wants to shed the stiff-in-a-suit image he honed on Six Feet Under, a coke-snorting hornball role should help. ''Let's...2005-12-02Mamie Gummer
Starring: Michael C. Hall; Starring: Mamie Gummer; Director: Noah Haidle; Author: Noah Haidle; Opening Date: 11/20/2005
Posted December 2 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!