If Michael C. Hall wants to shed the stiff-in-a-suit image he honed on Six Feet Under, a coke-snorting hornball role should help. ”Let’s play doctor!” he burbles, wagging his butt. ”My prostate hurts!” Hall’s Mr. Marmalade is the pretend pal of a tutu-clad toddler (Mamie Gummer) with an insanely overactive imagination; he’s also the quirky centerpiece of Noah Haidle’s cluttered, colorful black comedy. Haidle overdoes the eccentricity — a suicidal preschooler and talking plants? — but he doesn’t skimp on originality.
Mr. Marmalade If Michael C. Hall wants to shed the stiff-in-a-suit image he honed on Six Feet Under, a coke-snorting hornball role should help. ''Let's...Mr. MarmaladeNoah Haidle If Michael C. Hall wants to shed the stiff-in-a-suit image he honed on Six Feet Under, a coke-snorting hornball role should help. ''Let's...2005-12-02Mamie Gummer
Starring: Michael C. Hall; Starring: Mamie Gummer; Director: Noah Haidle; Author: Noah Haidle; Opening Date: 11/20/2005
Posted December 2 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!