The Independent Spirit Award nominations have once again boosted the Oscar hopes of some smaller films and foreshadowed possible Academy snubs. Among those topping this year’s list were The Squid and the Whale, Brokeback Mountain, Capote, and Good Night, and Good Luck. But Brokeback costar Jake Gyllenhaal was omitted, and Crash, shut out of Best Feature, scored just two nods.
Posted December 2 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, more confirm classic rock festival
- 'New Girl': Nick gets sassy with Schmidt's dad in exclusive clip
- Larry Wilmore responds to Piers Morgan's use of the n-word
- 'Star Wars: Bloodline' sheds new light on Princess Leia's darkest secrets
- 'Hamilton' makes Tonys history with record 16 nominations
- Lupita Nyong'o pens essay on why she chose 'Eclipsed' over Hollywood
- Why John Stamos is the perfect Mother's Day gift
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner