The Independent Spirit Award nominations have once again boosted the Oscar hopes of some smaller films and foreshadowed possible Academy snubs. Among those topping this year’s list were The Squid and the Whale, Brokeback Mountain, Capote, and Good Night, and Good Luck. But Brokeback costar Jake Gyllenhaal was omitted, and Crash, shut out of Best Feature, scored just two nods.
Posted December 2 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Cara Delevingne addresses awkward interview
- 'Gritty' take on 'Little Women' in development at CW
- Mia Farrow criticized for tweeting business address of Cecil the lion's killer
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!