The Independent Spirit Award nominations have once again boosted the Oscar hopes of some smaller films and foreshadowed possible Academy snubs. Among those topping this year’s list were The Squid and the Whale, Brokeback Mountain, Capote, and Good Night, and Good Luck. But Brokeback costar Jake Gyllenhaal was omitted, and Crash, shut out of Best Feature, scored just two nods.
Posted December 2 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Dave Grohl tells Foo Fighters crowd the band recorded five new songs
- 'Beauty and the Beast' to end with season 4
- T.I. apologizes for saying a woman can't be president
- How ABBA (and that ‘Waterloo’ scene) made it into 'Muriel’s Wedding'
- First look of 'Big Brother' contestants on 'Bold and the Beautiful'
- Mark Hamill denies flubbing Leia's name in 'Star Wars'
- Quentin Tarantino: Black critics 'have to deal with me'
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6
- Cast Reunions: See Costars Then And Now