Hear about Britney Spears’ new baby? Definitely. Hear about her new album? Um… Released Nov. 22 without the usual PR blitz, B in the Mix: The Remixes sold only 14,000 copies in its first week, debuting at No. 134 on Billboard’s album chart. A rep for Spears’ label, Jive, insists the former Queen Bee of Teenage Pop hasn’t lost her touch. The disc of clubby remixes ”was scheduled as a limited-edition fan piece,” she says, adding that Brit’s working on a full-length album for 2006. In general, remix albums rarely find a mass audience (R. Kelly’s recent remix record, Remix City Volume 1, debuted only at No. 72). But B in the Mix lacks a photo of Britney anywhere on the cover or CD booklet — a conspicuously low-profile rollout for an artist whose 1999 debut album has sold more than 10 million copies. ”It doesn’t seem like the best way to sell a Britney CD,” says Carl Mello, senior buyer at New England’s Newbury Comics music chain. ”Though it’s a good way to milk the catalog for a few extra dollars over the holidays.” And someone does have another mouth to feed.
Posted December 2 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Patricia Arquette to voice witch in Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- Betty White is furious about the killing of Cecil the lion
- Fox cancels Ryan Seacrest's 'Knock Knock Live' after 2 episodes
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!