It’s about the car,” claims The Dukes of Hazzard director Jay Chandrasekhar. Funny — we thought it was about shoehorning sexpot Jessica Simpson into the shortest shorts imaginable while a camera drools over every inch of her buff bod. Either way, this dumbed-down transfer of the high-octane TV series is about as much fun as a speed bump. EXTRAS ”Unrated” and ”too hot for theaters” apparently translates to F-words and nipple shots. (Johnny Knoxville’s Jackass fans should lap the stuff up like cheap beer.) Cut scenes involve topless coeds, a bong, and body paint; bloopers feature 12 bare butt cheeks and Knoxville simulating two separate sex acts. Those with less prurient tastes can choose from ”The General Lee Lives” — seeing a car pop a wheelie is pretty cool, especially compared with pot-smoking sorority girls — or ”Daisy Dukes: The Short Short Shorts,” which shows you how to make your own barely-there denim cutoffs. You’ll need scissors, a washer/dryer, a seam ripper, and — most importantly — a traffic-stopping figure. For that one, you’re on your own.
(Dukes of Hazzard: Sam Emerson)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Johnny Knoxville, Seann William Scott, Jessica Simpson, David Koechner, Willie Nelson, Burt Reynolds; Director: Jay Chandrasekhar; Author: Jonathan Davis; Release Date Wide: 08/05/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted December 6 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'