I had a kidney infection during this scene,” Jessica Alba remarks on the Fantastic Four commentary. Oh yeah? What about the audience? We had migraines. The long-awaited movie version of Marvel Comics’ prize property was a box office bonanza but it remains a noisy, silly affair, with none of the pop grandeur of Batman Begins or the X-Men films. EXTRAS The disc gives you Alba’s video diary of the press tour, a few music videos, and pro forma making-of shorts. Better is the cast commentary commandeered by life-of-the-party Michael Chiklis; the more we hear him say ”I love this scene because I wasn’t in latex,” the less we hear Alba say ”What is it like to be on fire? How cool would that be?” There are also three deleted scenes, including one where Reed Richards (Ioan Gruffudd) briefly morphs into Wolverine. He wishes.
(Fantastic: Kerry Hayes)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Jessica Alba, Michael Chiklis, Chris Evans, Ioan Gruffudd, Julian McMahon; Director: Tim Story; Author: Michael France, Mark Frost, Simon Kinberg; Release Date Wide: 07/08/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted December 6 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'
- Bob Dylan finally acknowledges his Nobel Prize
- Why 'Pumpkinhead' is the perfect Halloween movie