I had a kidney infection during this scene,” Jessica Alba remarks on the Fantastic Four commentary. Oh yeah? What about the audience? We had migraines. The long-awaited movie version of Marvel Comics’ prize property was a box office bonanza but it remains a noisy, silly affair, with none of the pop grandeur of Batman Begins or the X-Men films. EXTRAS The disc gives you Alba’s video diary of the press tour, a few music videos, and pro forma making-of shorts. Better is the cast commentary commandeered by life-of-the-party Michael Chiklis; the more we hear him say ”I love this scene because I wasn’t in latex,” the less we hear Alba say ”What is it like to be on fire? How cool would that be?” There are also three deleted scenes, including one where Reed Richards (Ioan Gruffudd) briefly morphs into Wolverine. He wishes.
(Fantastic: Kerry Hayes)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Jessica Alba, Michael Chiklis, Chris Evans, Ioan Gruffudd, Julian McMahon; Director: Tim Story; Author: Michael France, Mark Frost, Simon Kinberg; Release Date Wide: 07/08/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Nick Offerman, Megan Mullally cancel Indiana show
- 'The Flash': THAT unmasked man on shocking Reverse Flash twist
- Mark Wahlberg to produce Boston Marathon bombing movie 'Patriots' Day'
- 'American Idol' alum Justin Guarini on how he became Diet Dr. Pepper’s Lil' Sweet
- Scott Weiland on his new album Blaster and the power of David Bowie
- 'Wolf Creek' filmmaker to direct James Gunn-scripted 'The Belco Experiment'
- Netflix orders season 2 of 'Bloodline'
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!