I had a kidney infection during this scene,” Jessica Alba remarks on the Fantastic Four commentary. Oh yeah? What about the audience? We had migraines. The long-awaited movie version of Marvel Comics’ prize property was a box office bonanza but it remains a noisy, silly affair, with none of the pop grandeur of Batman Begins or the X-Men films. EXTRAS The disc gives you Alba’s video diary of the press tour, a few music videos, and pro forma making-of shorts. Better is the cast commentary commandeered by life-of-the-party Michael Chiklis; the more we hear him say ”I love this scene because I wasn’t in latex,” the less we hear Alba say ”What is it like to be on fire? How cool would that be?” There are also three deleted scenes, including one where Reed Richards (Ioan Gruffudd) briefly morphs into Wolverine. He wishes.
(Fantastic: Kerry Hayes)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Jessica Alba, Michael Chiklis, Chris Evans, Ioan Gruffudd, Julian McMahon; Director: Tim Story; Author: Michael France, Mark Frost, Simon Kinberg; Release Date Wide: 07/08/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 106; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted December 6 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- Katy Perry's Left Shark returns for Shark Week
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!