In his last movie to be released, Boris Karloff literally phones in his performance: Dying of emphysema, the legendary Frankenstein star filmed scenes in bed and from behind a desk in a Hollywood studio while the rest of the cast ran around cheap sets in Mexico City. Fear Chamber was one of four quickies shot simultaneously in 1968, with Jack Hill (Spider Baby) handling Stateside directing and Juan Ibañez behind the camera south of the border. The plot is one of grade-Z psychotronic purity, involving ”geo-biology” professor Karloff discovering an intelligent rock that feeds on the fear-soaked blood of tortured Mexican strippers. In the Igor role, Beirute channels James Cameron (”I’m da ging of da wurld!”). EXTRAS Director’s commentary in which Hill strenuously denies he had anything to do with the torture scenes; deleted nude scene.
Fear Chamber In his last movie to be released, Boris Karloff literally phones in his performance: Dying of emphysema, the legendary Frankenstein star...Fear ChamberHorrorJack HillUnrated In his last movie to be released, Boris Karloff literally phones in his performance: Dying of emphysema, the legendary Frankenstein star...2005-12-06Yerye Beirute
Genre: Horror; Starring: Boris Karloff, Yerye Beirute; Director: Jack Hill; Author: Jack Hill; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!