In his last movie to be released, Boris Karloff literally phones in his performance: Dying of emphysema, the legendary Frankenstein star filmed scenes in bed and from behind a desk in a Hollywood studio while the rest of the cast ran around cheap sets in Mexico City. Fear Chamber was one of four quickies shot simultaneously in 1968, with Jack Hill (Spider Baby) handling Stateside directing and Juan Ibañez behind the camera south of the border. The plot is one of grade-Z psychotronic purity, involving ”geo-biology” professor Karloff discovering an intelligent rock that feeds on the fear-soaked blood of tortured Mexican strippers. In the Igor role, Beirute channels James Cameron (”I’m da ging of da wurld!”). EXTRAS Director’s commentary in which Hill strenuously denies he had anything to do with the torture scenes; deleted nude scene.
Fear Chamber In his last movie to be released, Boris Karloff literally phones in his performance: Dying of emphysema, the legendary Frankenstein star...Fear ChamberHorrorJack HillUnrated In his last movie to be released, Boris Karloff literally phones in his performance: Dying of emphysema, the legendary Frankenstein star...2005-12-06Yerye Beirute
Genre: Horror; Starring: Boris Karloff, Yerye Beirute; Director: Jack Hill; Author: Jack Hill; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted December 6 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ben Affleck is a math genius with a secret in 'The Accountant' trailer
- WATCH: 'Pretty Little Liars' stars show 'Harry Potter' love
- Joe Biden loves the word 'malarkey'
- HBO renews 'Ballers' for season 3
- Serena Williams answers 73 random questions for Vogue
- Bindi Irwin praises Ariel Winter's body confidence
- Garry Marshall's 'The Flamingo Kid' is going to be a stage musical
- 'Alice in Wonderland': Witticisms and Wisdom From the Disney Classic
- 'John Tucker Must Die': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Captivating International Crime Thrillers
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?