To hear Donovan Leitch tell it, we shouldn’t remember the ’60s Scottish pixie merely for durable love-and-beads hits like ”Sunshine Superman” and ”Mellow Yellow.” In his mind, he’s also largely responsible for Sgt. Pepper, Led Zeppelin, world music, certain songs from the White Album, the invention of the boxed set, Van Morrison, the ”banana” cover of The Velvet Underground and Nico, T. Rex, fusion, Dylan going electric, and the phrase ”flower power.” While there may be truth to some of his claims (albeit not the one in which he and the Beatles are ”reincarnated Celtic bards”), Leitch’s relentless self-aggrandizing Autobiography makes you want to hit him with a sandal.
The Autobiography of Donovan To hear Donovan Leitch tell it, we shouldn't remember the '60s Scottish pixie merely for durable love-and-beads hits like ''Sunshine Superman'' and '...The Autobiography of DonovanNonfictionDonovan Leitch To hear Donovan Leitch tell it, we shouldn't remember the '60s Scottish pixie merely for durable love-and-beads hits like ''Sunshine Superman'' and '...2005-12-07St. Martin's Press
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Donovan Leitch; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted December 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!