To hear Donovan Leitch tell it, we shouldn’t remember the ’60s Scottish pixie merely for durable love-and-beads hits like ”Sunshine Superman” and ”Mellow Yellow.” In his mind, he’s also largely responsible for Sgt. Pepper, Led Zeppelin, world music, certain songs from the White Album, the invention of the boxed set, Van Morrison, the ”banana” cover of The Velvet Underground and Nico, T. Rex, fusion, Dylan going electric, and the phrase ”flower power.” While there may be truth to some of his claims (albeit not the one in which he and the Beatles are ”reincarnated Celtic bards”), Leitch’s relentless self-aggrandizing Autobiography makes you want to hit him with a sandal.
The Autobiography of Donovan To hear Donovan Leitch tell it, we shouldn't remember the '60s Scottish pixie merely for durable love-and-beads hits like ''Sunshine Superman'' and '...The Autobiography of DonovanNonfictionDonovan Leitch To hear Donovan Leitch tell it, we shouldn't remember the '60s Scottish pixie merely for durable love-and-beads hits like ''Sunshine Superman'' and '...2005-12-07St. Martin's Press
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Donovan Leitch; Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Posted December 7 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Human Centipede 3': What disgusting prop did the director take home?
- Joyce Carol Oates expands on PEN award protest following award for 'Charlie Hebdo'
- David Letterman's studio was thrown in the trash
- Joel McHale to host this year's ESPY Awards
- Universal reveals My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 release date
- Zedd shares his ultimate Memorial Day Weekend playlist
- 'Marshall Mathers LP' at 15: Revisit Eminem's best live performances
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Melissa McCarthy: Did you know she was in...?
- Kendall & Lily, Jon Bon Jovi, Chanel Iman and More!