A big Hollywood weeper with a beautiful ache at its center. In 1963, Ennis (Heath Ledger) and Jack (Jake Gyllenhaal), a couple of dirt-poor ranch hands, take a herding job on Brokeback Mountain and wind up sleeping together. They reunite in secret over the years, and the movie, treating their passion as something unprecedented, makes love seem as ineffable as it really is. Ledger gives a performance of extraordinary, gnarled tenderness.
Genre: Western; Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Heath Ledger, Anne Hathaway, Randy Quaid, Michelle Williams; Director: Ang Lee; Author: Diana Ossana, E. Annie Proulx, Larry McMurtry; Release Date Limited: 12/09/2005; Runtime (in minutes): 134; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features, Universal
Posted December 9 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama explains what's funny, not funny about Trump
- Seth Meyers mocks Trump's Gettysburg address
- Tom Hanks asks Zoltar from 'Big' for yet another wish
- What to Watch Tuesday: 'This Is Us' goes to the Super Bowl (sort of)
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'