A big Hollywood weeper with a beautiful ache at its center. In 1963, Ennis (Heath Ledger) and Jack (Jake Gyllenhaal), a couple of dirt-poor ranch hands, take a herding job on Brokeback Mountain and wind up sleeping together. They reunite in secret over the years, and the movie, treating their passion as something unprecedented, makes love seem as ineffable as it really is. Ledger gives a performance of extraordinary, gnarled tenderness.
Genre: Western; Starring: Jake Gyllenhaal, Heath Ledger, Anne Hathaway, Randy Quaid, Michelle Williams; Director: Ang Lee; Author: Diana Ossana, E. Annie Proulx, Larry McMurtry; Runtime (in minutes): 134; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features, Universal
Posted December 9 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- From People: Bruce Jenner to pose as woman for 'Vanity Fair' cover
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!