Cinderella Man may not be down for the count. In fact, it might have Braveheart potential. Both films were critical hits released in late spring and starred A-list leading men from Down Under. Cinderella has so far grossed just $61.6 million domestically; Braveheart had collected $67 million by this point. Nominated for 10 Oscars, it won five, including Best Picture. Cinderella’s Dec. 6 DVD release can’t hurt, and Universal appears ready to push hard, as Cinderella and Munich look like the studio’s main contenders for top prizes.
Posted December 9 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- How Ann Coulter hijacked the Rob Lowe roast
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good