Cinderella Man may not be down for the count. In fact, it might have Braveheart potential. Both films were critical hits released in late spring and starred A-list leading men from Down Under. Cinderella has so far grossed just $61.6 million domestically; Braveheart had collected $67 million by this point. Nominated for 10 Oscars, it won five, including Best Picture. Cinderella’s Dec. 6 DVD release can’t hurt, and Universal appears ready to push hard, as Cinderella and Munich look like the studio’s main contenders for top prizes.
Posted December 9 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Carpool Karaoke: Lady Gaga sings 'Bad Romance' with James Corden
- President Obama reads mean tweets on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' (again)
- Carrie Underwood's debut album 'Some Hearts' sets country record
- All the stars Donald Trump slammed on Twitter during his run for president
- Matt LeBlanc on beginning 'Man With a Plan' and ending 'Episodes'
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'