Cinderella Man may not be down for the count. In fact, it might have Braveheart potential. Both films were critical hits released in late spring and starred A-list leading men from Down Under. Cinderella has so far grossed just $61.6 million domestically; Braveheart had collected $67 million by this point. Nominated for 10 Oscars, it won five, including Best Picture. Cinderella’s Dec. 6 DVD release can’t hurt, and Universal appears ready to push hard, as Cinderella and Munich look like the studio’s main contenders for top prizes.
Posted December 9 2005 — 12:00 AM EST
- Rambo TV series in the works at Fox
- Best of 2015 (Behind the Scenes): Patrick Dempsey says goodbye to McDreamy
- Aziz Ansari on the diversity in 'Master of None': 'That's kind of my reality'
- Carrie Underwood trots barefoot through the woods in new video for 'Heartbeat'
- Luke Bryan, Demi Lovato, Wiz Khalifa, and Charlie Puth to perform on 'Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve'
- The Killers release 10th annual Christmas single, 'Dirt Sledding'
- Logo to kick off 'Happy Holigays' with a 'RuPaul's Drag Race' holiday special