Maybe you used to call Norway’s Green Carnation “prog rock.” Not anymore. The Acoustic Verses (out in late January) replaces powerful electric guitar with delicately plucked acoustic ones. Lead singer Kjetil Nordhus is trying on mellower vocals. Listen to the Celtic strings on “Alone,” based on an Edgar Allan Poe poem.
Posted December 9 2005 — 9:29 PM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt