Doo Wop: Vocal Group Greats, a three-disc tie-in with PBS’ Doo Wop Cavalcade can’t touch 1994’s The Doo Wop Box for historic tracks or liner notes, and can’t do the twist like 2001’s Rock, Rhythm and Doo Wop boxed set. But gems like Hank Ballard’s coital cheerleading chant ”Work With Me Annie” and the Platters’ swoony ”Smoke Gets in Your Eyes” make it a worthy public-TV pledge gift. Call now.
Doo Wop: Vocal Group Greats Doo Wop: Vocal Group Greats, a three-disc tie-in with PBS' Doo Wop Cavalcade can't touch 1994's The Doo Wop Box for...Doo Wop: Vocal Group GreatsR&B Doo Wop: Vocal Group Greats, a three-disc tie-in with PBS' Doo Wop Cavalcade can't touch 1994's The Doo Wop Box for...2005-12-12
Genre: R&B; Lead Performer: Various Artists; Producer (group): Shout
Posted January 17 2015 — 7:41 AM EST
- Jamie Foxx's National Anthem at Mayweather-Pacquaio fight: You be the judge
- 'Orphan Black' creators: New twist 'an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Walking Dead' actor in subway rant clip
- Celebrities who share a birthday with the new Royal Baby
- Ruth Rendell, mysteries writer, dies at 85
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!